CD changer problem

Alex R

Tonight on way home from work the autochanger started playing up, it started by stopping playing mid song so changed it to radio (which worked fine) then back to cd and it was still playing up. Then took out magazine and put it back in, now the message 'magazine' displays when i try to put on cd :(

Anybody had the same problem?? and how did you fix it. do i just need a new magazine or is the whole changer broke??

thanks

Alice_Cupra

A Dirty Diamond.......
Jan 31, 2003
West Yorkshire
Visit site
Alex,

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting this. As you say, the sound just goes off when playing on the CD autochanger, and just comes back at random intervals.

It's not the actal disc, as I have tried it with several, and the radio and cassette (remember them? lol!) all work fine.

Unless anyone can come up with some easy fixes, I think I'm going to junk it and get a new head unit, and get the space in my glovebox back....!!

Alex R

Theres obv a few who have had this problem, done some more searches and found it mite just need cleaned so goin to go out and try cleaning it, will let you know how i get on ;)

Alex R

Thanks for the link Lee :)
Took the changer apart and cleaned it with cotton buds and blew into it a bit, seems to have done the trick, cd player now workin again :D see how it goes tomorrow when i have it on for a bit

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.