centre vents cd player

si p

Jun 2, 2008
Horsham
hi guys thought id show you what i have done with my vents to make a cd player fit.
i think it looks quite neat.
i actually found a standard facia from a 106 i think which is the right shape and only needed a bit of cutting of the dash to make it fit. i completly removed the vent rather than cutting out the slats and using that. this way it covers up the holes for those wheels that control the blower direction.

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

it took pretty much a whole day to do, mainly because i was not prepared though but was definatly worth it

sorry about the rubbish cd player. i have since changed it

si p

Jun 2, 2008
Horsham
am running power to it so it keeps all the other functions but is not connected to any speakers so wont make any noise

si p

Jun 2, 2008
Horsham
thats really nice! :) looks a lot neater then mine.

why the hell is your dash so shiny!?!? lol

lol, dunno must of been the light.
well i was reading your posts on how to do it and i thought id give it a try, lucky found a facia that seemed to fit pretty dam good

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
you wont, just take your time and dont rush!

what i did was take the plastic cover off (screen and current stereo controls)
take the A/C / Radio unit out.
get the air vents out from underneath
then cut the middle bar out of the air vents.
then its really just messing around until you get a perfect fit for your stereo :)
or just get the 106 cover like above which will make it alot easier by the looks of it!

si p

Jun 2, 2008
Horsham
may have to get a 106 surround for mine, looks loads nicer! :)

i think this might become a big thing now, mounting cd/dvd players there. not as hard as it looks!

yer i think its a standard 106 one, not 100% sure but i think it is. yer it was actually quite easy. it looks hard but once you got it all of it was fine. i did have to make a new loom though for mine dont no about you?

si p

Jun 2, 2008
Horsham
im going to have ago at one in a scrapyard first i think gots ave up and get a kick ass headunit first though

yer best to practice, i had my unit out millions of times before i finally did it so i knew the thing like the back of my hand. if your quite good at the whole sterio thing then it certainly helps, definatly worth it. i forgot how much i missed a cd player and some decent bass:D

Dan1.6

1.6 Power FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2008
Chesterfield
yer best to practice, i had my unit out millions of times before i finally did it so i knew the thing like the back of my hand. if your quite good at the whole sterio thing then it certainly helps, definatly worth it. i forgot how much i missed a cd player and some decent bass:D

lol nothing like a good bit of bass i think im going to to the scrappy tomorrow and have a bash at it lol

adp

Jul 10, 2008
Swansea
Quick question, what sort of wiring have you got to do? Ive got my old setup from my lupo, just wondering how much cutting and pairing in is in store!

si p

Jun 2, 2008
Horsham
Quick question, what sort of wiring have you got to do? Ive got my old setup from my lupo, just wondering how much cutting and pairing in is in store!

well wot i did is use the original loom to run to the cd player and then got another loom and paired it to the original loom so that i could still run power to the unit with the tape player in. so basically it comes out of the cd player and splits into 2. if that makes sense. lol :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise