Clutch pedal not returning to the top

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
This is an intermittent problem with my cupra, the clutch pedal doesnt always come all the way back to the "stop", sometimes it will site about an inch or so too low as if there isnt enough pressure to push itself back to the top.

Is the pedal sprung loaded or is it pressured into coming back up once the pedal is released?

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks

daves ibiza

could be pedal box about to break common fault take it off get it welded or ifit havnt been welded already bit of a pain but well worth doin. mine does it now and again tho could be slave cylinder or suming like tha:)

daves ibiza

i had the same probs mate 2. i had my brother to bleed clutch and its been fine since pal bleed it should be fine probs bit of air in the system

bobak

Opinionated non-mechanic
May 15, 2008
Mine does the same. First couple inches are really easy then feels normal. When I let go, it doesnt always come back to the top. Pedal has been welded and master cylinder replaced. SEAT said that the hose from the Master Cylinder is err... damp. As if there's a slight leak, but said ts not a problem I got the part anyway - was about £4, but I imagine its just the fluid pressure.

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
Mines been like that since I got it in March.
Sometimes when I get in the car after its been left for a little while I need to bring the pedal back to the top!
Going to bleed the clutch when I do my breaks next week, will let you know how it goes!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.