Connect app showing wrong status for the car?

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Anyone else get the app randomly showing them alerts for the car erroneously? Today it showed the doors locked/windows up etc as expected, but it was alerting that my lights were on (weird, as they're on automatic full time), go back to check the car and they're off... Quick unlock and lock and the status is updated properly. Had similar previously showing I had windows open when they were all closed, doors showing as open when all closed etc. Happens infrequently enough that you think it's an actual issue until you go to check the car and discover it's a false alarm - will probably end up ignoring the one time something is actually a problem ...

Anyone else get the same thing?

Dec 17, 2022
Yes already had the issue.

I'm pretty sure it's due to a mobile app bug when WV server(s) are unreachable or server answer(s) are not well handled. When it happens, I'm dragging by keeping my finger from the top to the bottom. You 'll see a countdown which will enforce data update and then it works ;)

Reactions: Alex667

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Yeah tried that before but still shows the warning. I think it's more to do with the car not updating its status properly than VAG's servers, but anything is possible ...

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Mine says the lights are on when they're not. The app has said I haven't selected a car a few times and occasionally it just fails to connect to the car - it did this on the coldest day of the year when I wanted to preheat it!! Sods law!

Gmn

Sep 24, 2023
Got these bugs too from.time to time. App shows lights are on when they're not or that the car is unlocked when it's locked.
Also prefered service partner cannot be saved, it keeps reverting to none.
Despite being useful for phevs( I don't see much value for non phevs) the app is full of bugs. And by the app I mean the whole system, I shouldn't care if it's the device app, servers, car not sending correct data etc.
And the saddest thing is that if you're reading old posts here, or reviews on app/google/store you'll see that the bugs are years old so I have low expectations they will ever be fixed. And that's very odd for a subscription service under a famous brand la vw.