Cooling Problem

Kevgrady

May 4, 2006
North East
Right ive been having this problem for just over a week now and im starting to worry bout it now. When every i got out to my car and go for a drive (no matter how far/hard) when i come home or stop at the destination the fan comes on . . . . . . . . all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you hear the fan going quite as its about to go off it starts again :confused:

Even if i go out and start the car and turn it off straight away this happens :shrug: , also my secondry water pump hasnt been working for some time now but i dont think this has anything to do with this!

Any help would be fantastic :)

Cheers, Kev

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
ive noticed that my fan runs all the time whenever i get out the car also, i just thought this was normal procedure?

is yours overheating or something?

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
Yea the fan on mine is always turning on and off. I wonder if having a FMIC stops the fan being used as much? also im not sure weather its bollox or not but somebody told me you can get a special fluid you put in your cooling to knock the temp down about 10 degrees?!? anybody herd of this stuff?

dolf

The Dolf
Aug 14, 2006
cheshire
my fan was coming on on short journeys. Luckily it was just before I had cambelt/waterpump changed, and they found that a few of the 'plastic' impellors had broken off. After that it was good as new.

Have you had new water pump? metal impellors?

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
my fan was coming on on short journeys. Luckily it was just before I had cambelt/waterpump changed, and they found that a few of the 'plastic' impellors had broken off. After that it was good as new.

Have you had new water pump? metal impellors?

lol had mine changed about 2 weeks ago to one with a metal impellor. Have to say i really havent noticed the fan lol

Which numpty decides that a waterpump impellor is plastic?!? needs to be shot

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.