Courtesy Lights not working.

mfosker

When I open my doors, the interior lights don't come on.
I tried moving the switch over the left, and they do come on, but they stay on even when the engine is started, or when the car is locked.
I've tried all the doors to make sure they are shut, and I've tried reading the manual. It's been like this since I got the car on Saturday. Am i doing something wrong, or is my car doing something wrong?

mfosker

The lights themselves work fine, I can turn them on and of using the switch. What I can't get them to do is turn off automatically when the engine is started, or when the car is locked.
I had assumed that with the switch in the right place that when I open the door, the interior lights would come on, and stay on until the engine is started. If I push the switch to the left ( where the symbol for the doors is ) then the lights come on, but they stay on even when the car is locked and I go into Tescos for 10 minutes. They also stay on when the engine is started.

Deleted member 7729

I had a similar incedent the other week. Took it into Kings Southampton and they changed the who unit under warranty.

mfosker

It's working now. Not sure if it's an intermittent problem, or what our tech support department call "User Error"

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members