crap out ....Forge in !

Mood

hey guys ... well this is what has happened with my newly acquired Sport 20VT....

it had a boost adjuster valve, a bayleys blow off valves, and and air intake cut into bumper under the right fog light ....

it was driving like sh@te !!!
150 bhp !!

had it looked at ... the adjuster and blow off valves had confused the hell out of the MAF... so that got swapped for a new one ...

adjuster valve had to go ... onboard boost regulator back online ...
bayley pile of steaming dog p@@p replaced with Forge 007 (shiny :D)

air intake me thinks is to feed intercooler ...any ideas ? kept that ...

now running at 199BHP :drool:

only thing is ... we think engine is running lean prior to boost ... havent got the graphs on me but , from memory ... about 0.7 from 0 to 3k rpm , then when boosting richens to 0.9 and more ..... we dont know whether ive got a clogged fuel filter ( which im changing ) or its just the standard map ..... any ideas ??? :help:

really loving the car now tho !! can go back to overtaking a*holes in their company cars :)

comments please :whistle:

Mood

thats odd , i mean i wish i had the graph i would have put it up ......

but basically the 'value' relating to how rich the engine was running ws in the y-axis, and RPM on the x-axis..... car was being run on 4th gear from 0 - 6.5k rpm ......

from 0 - 3k rpm, the value maintained at about 0.7 ....... then it dramatically jumps to 0.9 .......so does that sound completely wrong ? i might well have got it wrong off the graph ....

but is it normal anyway for the car to be running a little lean before boosting , then richening up ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members