Cupra 300 Insurance

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Well i've just bought a 290 ST and did a quote before i purchased the car, £277 with AA. Thought great price, so then before the date o pick up the car i went to take it out and noticed that the quote was done under my old address, changed it as moved a few streets down and it has jumped to £500 :(

34 / 15 NCB /

The increase could be due to a number of reasons, and not just your change of address. Some insurers run periodic campaigns with reduced rices to attract new customers, so the £277 price might have been a reduced campaign ‘special offer’ price, rather than the ‘standard’ price, and the £500 price might be their normal price.

Also, the algorithms used by insurers to calculate car insurance prices are extremely complex these days and use a multitude of risk factors. Insurers will also be analysing their motor portfolio on an ongoing basis, and if they spot something that is having an impact on the claims performance of the portfolio, they will take action.

Although it looks as if your new postcode/address might be a higher risk factor than your previous one, hence the premium increase, your insurer may also have identified certain adverse claims patterns and trends in their portfolio for other risk factors associated with you and similar policyholders such as;

- marital status
- annual mileage driven
- number of drivers
- age of the youngest driver
- make model of your car
- the use of the car
- where the car is garaged

The above risk factors are just examples; there will be many others.

Insurers will also be applying claims inflationary price changes to their motor portfolio on an ongoing basis to cover increasing repair / claims costs. Cars are becoming increasingly more laden with tech, which if damaged in an accident will probably be pushing up the average car repair costs.

So, although moving to a new address with a different postcode is what’s triggered a fairly sizeable price increase, it’s not necessarily the sole reason for the increase.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Well i've just bought a 290 ST and did a quote before i purchased the car, £277 with AA. Thought great price, so then before the date o pick up the car i went to take it out and noticed that the quote was done under my old address, changed it as moved a few streets down and it has jumped to £500 :(

34 / 15 NCB /

A number of years ago I moved effectively from one side of a road to another and the insurance went up. I was told that as my post code had changed, I had moved into a post code area which included a high risk area and therefore the price went up.

Malice19

.:Cupra 4 The Win:.
Mar 16, 2006
Swindon
Its total crap, it looks like that because i was rear ended by some silly Tw*t who did not demist their windscreen, im being stug an extra £100 even though it was their fault and their insurance paid for it all. You have to laugh how insurance companies work, why do i bother paying to protect my no claims.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Its total crap, it looks like that because i was rear ended by some silly Tw*t who did not demist their windscreen, im being stug an extra £100 even though it was their fault and their insurance paid for it all. You have to laugh how insurance companies work, why do i bother paying to protect my no claims.
Yeah I was in a "non fault" collision a year ago just before my renewal. My insurance went up by £70+.

Obviously now it has to be declared for the next x years even though i have 8 years NCB.

They said that statistically now I'm more likely to be involved in an "at fault" claim. My next renewal is next month.

My Cupra 280 insurance is back up to the £700 mark.
Not checked what the difference will be on the 300/290 if it ever gets delivered.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.