Cupra 300

luke123

Mar 20, 2024
Hello
Sorry if been mentioned but just joined.
Finally purchased a cupra 300 67 plate. Picked up Saturday driving home got check coolant level warning.
Thinking it been sat in showroom and needed to be pressurised.
Topped it up and continued. It has done it again so suspect issue somewhere. Going back in tomorrow to get fixed.
Just checking the temp gauge in the clusters showing 90 degrees but digital screen showing 100+ during round town driving. Car smell hot even after a short run.
Is this normal or have I bought a lemon
Any help thanks in advance

graemebillo

Sep 9, 2010
liverpool
Hey.

I've got same year model.

You may have the very well documented thermostat housing problem that plagues the 2l engines.

Give it a research on the forums.

Definately take it back if you got it from a garage it would likely be under warrenty if its so soon.

But if they can fix it stay with it.

They are amazing cars, I love mine.

Other more technicallyinded people on here may have other thoughts on what it could be, but I would bet it's the thermostat housing leaking.

Good luck with it.

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk

Reactions: luke123

graemebillo

Sep 9, 2010
liverpool
Hey.

I've got same year model.

You may have the very well documented thermostat housing problem that plagues the 2l engines.

Give it a research on the forums.

Definately take it back if you got it from a garage it would likely be under warrenty if its so soon.

But if they can fix it stay with it.

They are amazing cars, I love mine.

Other more technicallyinded people on here may have other thoughts on what it could be, but I would bet it's the thermostat housing leaking.

Good luck with it.

Also.

The temp gauge can also run quite hot, double check the fan is kicking in when you stop.

andy2max

Feb 16, 2023
Had mine since Jan 2023, fortunately the coolant leak from thermostat and housing was done under seat warranty. Very common on these and my money would be on that. If it’s loosing coolant fast the smell could be that, but I’ve had that warm smell once stopped from mine before, my theory would be when the fan comes on after turning the car off it’s kind of blowing that hot air about so you smell it sometimes

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise