Cupra Alarm constantly going off!!! - Help!

Nov 10, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Hey folks!

A few weeks ago, I parked up at home, about 5 mins later, my alarm was going off... I turned it off via the remote sensor, minute later its back on again!
I tried pressing lock twice on the remote to stop the sensors, but still no joy.
Same happened two or three times before I had to go outside (it was 1am!) to check it was ok, I checked windows were up etc etc.

I then locked the door with the key twice, hoping it would stop, It did that time.

Since then, whenever i've parked at home, I always lock the car with key turning it twice.

But tonight, I parked in different place (quite close (literally right next to) to another car to the right of me) locked with key twice and the alarm was going off randomly again! If I turned it off it would just go back on again anytime from a few seconds later to a few mins later!

It's a problem I need to fix, If I could i'd just leave my car unlocked here for the night tonight, but I can't as the thing keeps autolocking after 30 seconds!

I can't disconnect the battery as it will probably still go off!

I've moved my car to another parking area and locked with key twice, so far it seems ok I just hope it stays like that but what could be causing this?

I can't keep worrying every time I park up that im gonna wake the neighbours!

Will VAG COM show anything to fix this? It's under warranty so I can get it to a dealers to check but it's difficult to make the time from work.

It's bizarre, because everywhere else I've parked I don't remember it ever going off, and i've used the keyfob to lock it (single press) etc!

For reference...The LED on the drivers door has NEVER flashed ever since I bought it... So I was going to ask them to check that out as it may have something to do with it?

Many thanks for any help in advance...:(

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
its something that will need to be linked up to a diagnostics kit and be looked at by the dealer will be coverd under warranty but the led should be flashing but it could be its simply not been plugged in or there is a serious wiring problem

i know its a bad answer but get it down the stealers

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I get a similar problem with my Passat, on occassions when I've driven long journeys through torrential rain. I think (from the data in vag-com) that the bonnet sensor or it's wiring are getting wet and false triggering.

A couple of things to note:
If you just disarm using the remote, but don't open a door, it'll automatically rearm. So if you want to leave it unlocked, disarm it then open/close the drivers door.

What I used to do:
Park up
Get out and close the drivers door
Open the passenger door, lean across, and lock all the doors using the central locking button.
Then close the passenger door.
That way, all doors are locked but no alarm is set.

I *think* this will work on the Ibiza, you might want to try it. Pain in the arse but better than leaving it unlocked obviously.

Nov 10, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Hey Rash / Muddy

Many thanks for your help,

I will definately get it booked in at dealers, gonna ring them this afternoon on my lunch break.

I know my screen wash rear pipe thing is broke as it doesnt work, but it wouldnt make sense to just be that, as It would have gone off more other than just last night and 3 weeks ago...

It seems bizarre it's only happened at night when I've just parked up (And typically enough, LATE at night !)

Plus, of course, the alarm LED thing etc.

So can I get my friend to look at VAG COM to see if any sensor has been triggered?

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
There is somewhere in vag-com that you can see which sensor triggered the last alarm.

However I can't remember what measuring blocks etc to look in. Also I think the values vary between car types, so what means bonnet sensor for one car means door sensor for another - if you don't have a registered version of vag-com (ie using the free shareware version) with the right label files it might not be very meaningful.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I had this on my old Ibiza and it was the bonnet switch. Do the indicators flash when you lock the car?

Nov 10, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Just want to add to help anyone who may search this post, this was fixed that week by SEAT under warranty - turns out it was water leaking from the rear screenwash pipe into the tailgate.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.