cupra and cupra r gearbox difference

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
There was a post about this a few weeks ago, unless you got money to burn then you just have to live with it, if its only just started a gear oil change will queiten it a little, but as you know its going to come back.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
You'll be lucky to find a 02M gear box, as I have just picked up one.
Also if you do find one expect to pay £400 + for a second hand one and £400 + for a refurb on it.
BTW I got one very cheap so they are out there

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
You'll be lucky to find a 02M gear box, as I have just picked up one.
Also if you do find one expect to pay £400 + for a second hand one and £400 + for a refurb on it.
BTW I got one very cheap so they are out there

Referb boxes are in the region of 650 There are a few come onto ebay buy id be carefull with them. I think the trouble is people neglect the gear oil when infact its just like engine oil.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seat-Leon-Cup...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a4e1d728

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
equally bear in mind that the gb you are buying could be the same or worse as your current one and you wont know until its too late.

cupra_paul

May 17, 2009
betwwen chair and keyboard
thanks for all the info

the wine isnt getting worse in mine it just really anoys me and make me feel like i cant give it a bit of poke

and also i seem to spend a lot of time in 3rd round town.

when the new box is sorced is there anything to prevent it happeneing again? sythetic oil?

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Its a fault with the box its self, mine isnt doing it i dont think, cant sound worse than my saxo did when its input bearing went, that drove you insane lol. Use good quality oil and change it regular as there performance cars at the end of the day and the transmission has to cope with all the torque from the engine, especially on remapped cars. Il be doing box seals in mine soon and will refill it with this stuff..

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-850-silkolene-silktran-syn-5-75w-90-fully-synthetic-gear-oil.aspx

Transmissions are often neglected, same with auto's which need changing regluar and the filter and seal doing, but most dont bother, manufacutres say you should never have to change it wich is wrong as its same as an engine and needs constant lubrication, and over time the oil deteriorates and thins which means it isnt providing the level of protection it should.

Cupra52180

Oct 27, 2010
Hi guys,

I am a bit new here so do not know my way around

I would like to know or someone to confirm that an O2M FZQ gearbox can be replaced with an O2M ERR gearbox with out any problems and straight fit with no gear ratio differences

I have bought a 2004 cupra 1.8T 180 AUQ engine..... and the 3rd and 4th gear has a whine well like a grind really but car drives spot on and gear change is spot on too.

I am going to give it a oil change first but would like to know what the recomended manufacture oil is or if there is an aftermarket gear oil which is better to be used in my car

All your help on this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
This is the FZQ ratios

3.944 3.087 3.357 2.087 1.469 1.150 1.194 0.975

This is the ERR ratios

3.875 3.100 3.417 2.105 1.481 1.152 1.167 0.970

Allan_84

Apr 11, 2010
Denmark
your AUQ is a 180bhp engine, and i have the 180bhp APP engine and my gearbox is the ERR, so you can fit it, and it is from a 180bhp car.

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Mine was a AUQ 180 with a ERR gearbox, the car has done 150k miles but the box was still sweet.
I don't need the box anymore as going 4wd, sick of tripping over it so if anybody needs one free (just gotta take it away) give me a shout.
Im in the north east.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Mine was a AUQ 180 with a ERR gearbox, the car has done 150k miles but the box was still sweet.
I don't need the box anymore as going 4wd, sick of tripping over it so if anybody needs one free (just gotta take it away) give me a shout.
Im in the north east.
Not the proper north east ;)
He's in the north east of England :p

Cupra52180

Oct 27, 2010
Im in the north east.

Hi mate... Id b interested in the gearbox if u still got it... How do i pm u?? Or if u can send me ur numba i can ring u thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.