Cupra Ateca 2021 Key

May 5, 2021
Just a quick query as to what key comes with the new Cupra Ateca.
I'm looking to get one soon, and it would be nice if it was a different key to the standard VW I've had with my Golf for the past 4 years.

Can't find any images online which shows the key.
Can someone post a recent picture.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I'm afraid its the same type/look as most of the VAG keys.

May 5, 2021
Thanks for the info, I think I've found pictures of they key. Identical to the VW one like you said, with a cupra logo instead.
I did read on the website about the "cupra care" supposed to come with a carbon fibre key cover it says...

Did you get one of those?
cupra_care.png

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
I have read that before - My car was a lease (direct through SEAT) so maybe doesn't apply to me?

I may call CS to see..

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
Thanks for the info, I think I've found pictures of they key. Identical to the VW one like you said, with a cupra logo instead.
I did read on the website about the "cupra care" supposed to come with a carbon fibre key cover it says...

Did you get one of those?
View attachment 24315
Yes. I think most buyers/PCP buyers have received this (myself included). It makes the key look a bit better than the normal VAG key, but the carbon fibre dents and scratches so it's more of a gimmick than anything else

Tell

Staff member
Well Golf 4 years ago might make it the old style key that Seat had in 2016, they changed it. Old Kessy key took 2025 batteries, new looking Seat key takes 2032 batteries.

See handy picture 😍

Attachments

• 20210507_105016.png
    20210507_105016.png
    662.2 KB · Views: 146