cupra dies and comes back to life

SNOWZ

Mar 9, 2008
Hereford born and bred
This has happened a couple of time now,

The car drives fine, no ecu light and it just dies, as if its stalled and then about 10 mins later it starts again fine and still with no ecu light on.

Its happened a few times now twice at junctions or at lights when waiting just stalls then wait about 10 mins and also when it was in motion it just died, at the time it was driving normally not racing.

Anyone any ideas???

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Sorry I cant help but going by the thread title, Id rename your car Jesus.
Actually, Id be getting vagcom onto the case and failing that, check the cabling and voltage to the ecu.

SNOWZ

Mar 9, 2008
Hereford born and bred
i call it more than that but cant swear on the forum..

Just looking now to see if i can find anyone local to me to use there vagcom as i haven't got it

SNOWZ

Mar 9, 2008
Hereford born and bred
I had a problem like this, but it turned out to be a combination of a split boost hose and a dodgy maf, but i would sugest getting it on vagcom

i've replaced all the vacuum pipe with forge ones as they was perished, i dont know about boost pipes but i think i should hear and feel if it was split and shouldnt stop the car or stop me from starting again, as for MAF i was wondering if it could have something to do with it

still waiting for help with vagcom

chrissy1502002

Search Button Ambassador
Jun 12, 2007
Portsmouth (ish)
www.bebo.com
yeah depending how big it is you should hear it and almost certainly feel the loss of power, but as i say i had both of the issues, but i beleive that the maf was causing it to stall when idling, but if i gave it any revs, it would be fine

SNOWZ

Mar 9, 2008
Hereford born and bred
no loss in any power drives smooth, and when it dies its instant and no chance to apply any revs its as if it has an off switch and someone turned it off

Dec 31, 2005
London
have you made sure that all pipes are tightened, check the turbo to charge pipe hose has a proper jubilee clip on, and all the little ones, even the one off the top of your dump valve has a zip tie on them.

SNOWZ

Mar 9, 2008
Hereford born and bred
have you made sure that all pipes are tightened, check the turbo to charge pipe hose has a proper jubilee clip on, and all the little ones, even the one off the top of your dump valve has a zip tie on them.

last week i replace all the vacuum pipes for forge silicone ones and ziptied everyone to prevent them falling or forced off.

cant disconnect MAF as it doesnt happen all the time so cant see how that would make a difference, the car runs fine and boosts well haven't noticed any change in performance

Dec 31, 2005
London
you do need to get it vag com'd
im guessing the speed sensor but think you should go over your pipework and check for kinks or loose connections

SNOWZ

Mar 9, 2008
Hereford born and bred
you do need to get it vag com'd
im guessing the speed sensor but think you should go over your pipework and check for kinks or loose connections

why would the speed sensor cut it out when moving and stationary and stop it from startng straight back up?

i'm struggling to find anyone local to me or within traveling distance to help me out with their vagcom

daza b cupra

Nov 12, 2008
walsall
mine wouldnt start couple of times left for ten then it would turned out to be crank sensor your,s may not but just sayin

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.