Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
What is it?

Here we have the CUPRA Formentor VZN.  What is likely to be the mid-life “end of run” model before we see the facelift revealed, which is currently expected in 2024.

Described as a limited edition, It is essentially the VZ3 mode with more styling options and trim.   It is only available with the 2.0 TSI 310PS DSG-auto 4Drive powertrain.

The model we have for review is in Mountain Green, which is an exclusive colour to the limited edition VZN.

Priced from £48,270 OTR (the VZ3 is £47,515), CUPRA declares this has “enhanced styling and racing look with 19-inch matte black alloys and detailing, black Dinamica bucket seats and a panoramic sunroof.”

So what do we think of this limited edition version, does it deserve the price premium as the most expensive Formentor in the UK? Read on to find out.

Verdict
The CUPRA Formentor with some cosmetic upgrades as an outgoing pre-facelift model. Recommended if you’ve got the cash to burn and want some...

Continue reading...

Reactions: nelly201

AntoniosL

Sep 30, 2021
I would not worry too much about the brakes. The Brembo callipers are matted to SHW rotors that were introduced to the year 2009 TTRS 8J which weighs less by 300 kilos. Most of the Formentor brake related problems are related to the so-called "Brembo" set-up (with the SHW rotors). I also went through the brakes pain, the dealship even acknowledged that there is a TPI on Brembo calipers and also replaced my rotors. At the end of the day I decided to upgrade to DBA 2 piece rotors. Thank God this was a bolt on possibility because of the Brembo callipers though.

Reactions: jcbmally and Syphon

Jimbo

Jul 19, 2023
I have a 310 vz2 and a cupra 300, agree on throttle response and gearing i much prefer driving the cupra, you can really ring the power out through the entire band and the brakes on that are savage compared to the formentor which at times feels scarily underbraked for a car of its weight.

Reactions: jcbmally and Syphon