cupra oil + spark plugs

scott_83

Hi,
just put a deposit on my cupra today. cant wait,
what the best but not real expensive sparks plugs for my cupra.
Also what oil do people use.
cheers

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
5w40 oil - Fuchs synthetic is what i use - £25 for 5 litres at GSF carparts
Platinum spark plugs - around 30 for the 4

scott_83

ive found a couple of makes of platium, ngk or bosch???:confused:

greganderson

Nov 16, 2009
Isle of man
do spark plugs make a big difference? if they do i might change them, i had a dream i changed my spark plugs... now i feel the need to upgrade them? hahaha :D :p

jgy6000

Feb 7, 2010
Oxford
do spark plugs make a big difference? if they do i might change them, i had a dream i changed my spark plugs... now i feel the need to upgrade them? hahaha :D :p

They can if your old ones are worn out, IMO theres little point in changing them for the sake of it, if they are in need of changing then it might be an idea to get some decent ones at the same time

andycupra

status subject to change

paying out for expensive plug over standard for your car isnt really worth it, being a 1.4...

Plugs are important, they play a key part in the engines running, but as long as they are set up correctly and not failing dont worry or think you need to pay out loads.

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
I use Motul 8100 X-Cess Synthetic Oil - 5W40 and Denso IK 22 sparkplugs

Im planning to use Motul 300V Power 5W-40 on next oil change. Car will be after stage 2 remap then.

Last edited:

irmscher2007

Aug 15, 2007
Cheshire
R tech recommended Bosch Super 4s when I got my octavia vrs remapped.
Not sure if you notice any difference really between different sets of new plugs.