Cupra Rear on a FR 190 ST?

Yoshi

Mar 8, 2023
Hi guys,

has anyone managed to put a twin exit (cupra style) diffuser on there FR 190 ST?

Been looking at exhaust systems and wondered if the diffuser was swapped for a twin exit one would that mean the Cupra ST exhaust systems would fit? (or is there more going on with the exhaust pipe layout?)

Bala Lake Feb 23 no reg.jpg

Flowjoe100

Mar 13, 2024
London
Not looked into this no, the four exhaust system from a Golf R would looker better I think.
Either way that's a nice car you have there, good colour. Mine is silver... Boring!

Is your engine stock? Might be worth looking at a stage one, I just did mine and it flies now!

Reactions: Yoshi

Yoshi

Mar 8, 2023
Not looked into this no, the four exhaust system from a Golf R would looker better I think.
Either way that's a nice car you have there, good colour. Mine is silver... Boring!

Is your engine stock? Might be worth looking at a stage one, I just did mine and it flies now!

Thank you mate :)

Looking at a stage 1 remap in the future and the DSG also.

Have looked at an open cone air filter. Some say no point as the stock one is fine but I just wanted the noise.

Did a bit to the Leon last weekend. Clay barred, polished, waxed, debadged and silver Seat badge swapped to black
20240316_150941.jpg

cuthound

Jan 26, 2024
Thank you mate :)

Looking at a stage 1 remap in the future and the DSG also.

Have looked at an open cone air filter. Some say no point as the stock one is fine but I just wanted the noise.

Did a bit to the Leon last weekend. Clay barred, polished, waxed, debadged and silver Seat badge swapped to black View attachment 41355

What rear badge did you use? I have only found front badges available on the likes of eBay, Amazon etc.

Flowjoe100

Mar 13, 2024
London
Nice work, looking good! Mine needs a good clean, and I was wondering about swapping my LEON letters for black ones. Some crude photo-shopping later and I'm still not sure. The black SEAT badge might be the way to go having seen yours. Hmm?

I've just had a stage one from REVO and would definately reccomend it. Link to my write up of that below. Can't really comment on the cone filter, I've left my intake & filter stock for now, they do the job. Probably till I next have some spare cash anyway... Not sure the DSG tune is entirely necessary, reasons for that explained in my stage one thread.

Screenshot_20240128-225553_Auto Trader.jpg Screenshot_20240128-225941_Auto Trader.jpg

Yoshi

Mar 8, 2023
Nice work, looking good! Mine needs a good clean, and I was wondering about swapping my LEON letters for black ones. Some crude photo-shopping later and I'm still not sure. The black SEAT badge might be the way to go having seen yours. Hmm?

I've just had a stage one from REVO and would definately reccomend it. Link to my write up of that below. Can't really comment on the cone filter, I've left my intake & filter stock for now, they do the job. Probably till I next have some spare cash anyway... Not sure the DSG tune is entirely necessary, reasons for that explained in my stage one thread.

View attachment 41356 View attachment 41357

Will have a read of that.

I actually purchased the black Leon lettering but think it looks better with none.

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK
Was in Manchester yesterday and saw a box standard se estate with a cupra spolier with the side fins. Wanted to pull up and ask where they got it from but they beat me in traffic 😒

cgreggers

Aug 29, 2023
Here's my FR ST with quad exits. I didn't explore using a cupra exhaust as I know the pipe diameters are different on my 1.5 TSI. Just got a custom exhaust place to do a backbox delete and install a right hand hanger.

Will be swapping the tips to ovals like a gold R and the rieger diffuser for the maxton to accommodate the extra width.

IMG_2955.jpeg

Yoshi

Mar 8, 2023
Here's my FR ST with quad exits. I didn't explore using a cupra exhaust as I know the pipe diameters are different on my 1.5 TSI. Just got a custom exhaust place to do a backbox delete and install a right hand hanger.

Will be swapping the tips to ovals like a gold R and the rieger diffuser for the maxton to accommodate the extra width.

View attachment 41488

Do like that.

Currently waiting on delivery of the Reiger diffuser. I went with Reiger because the fins looked slightly more aggressive compared to Maxton.

Since found out the cut outs aren't as large as the Maxton ones though. Have a custom exhaust company at Walsall waiting for me to confirm once i've received the diffuser. They've said they will remove the back boxes to see if it's loud enough, if not then remove the res (highly doubt I will do the res due to using it lightly for work).

Someone did mention on there FR ST the holes were already there for the secondary exhaust hanger? (Same chassis as a Cupra).

cgreggers

Aug 29, 2023
Do like that.

Currently waiting on delivery of the Reiger diffuser. I went with Reiger because the fins looked slightly more aggressive compared to Maxton.

Since found out the cut outs aren't as large as the Maxton ones though. Have a custom exhaust company at Walsall waiting for me to confirm once i've received the diffuser. They've said they will remove the back boxes to see if it's loud enough, if not then remove the res (highly doubt I will do the res due to using it lightly for work).

Someone did mention on there FR ST the holes were already there for the secondary exhaust hanger? (Same chassis as a Cupra).
Yes the fins are nice on the rieger. Just the holes for the tips are designed for the cupra single ovals whereas there's a maxton one designed for the cupra R tips which are dual ovals.

I'm not actually sure mine has a res as it has a GPF but I only touched the backbox and it now makes a little more aggressive sound which is great for a Dad as a daily aha!

I'm not sure about what was already there bar the fact the garage welded on their own hanger so there might be something already there to weld it to but there definitely wasn't a hanger. Was no problem for them and it's solid as a rock.

Yoshi

Mar 8, 2023
Yes the fins are nice on the rieger. Just the holes for the tips are designed for the cupra single ovals whereas there's a maxton one designed for the cupra R tips which are dual ovals.

I'm not actually sure mine has a res as it has a GPF but I only touched the backbox and it now makes a little more aggressive sound which is great for a Dad as a daily aha!

I'm not sure about what was already there bar the fact the garage welded on their own hanger so there might be something already there to weld it to but there definitely wasn't a hanger. Was no problem for them and it's solid as a rock.

I originally wanted 2 large ovals, one on each side (almost like the Audi RS6 look). On the day the garage have said we will try different tips to see how they fit. Most likely go with a setup similar to your if not :)

Reactions: cgreggers and Mo_86

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK

View attachment 41488
What sideskirts are those?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.