Seat Leon FR 190 ST DSG Air Intake

Yoshi

Mar 8, 2023
Hi,

currently looking to upgrade the air intake on my 2019 seat leon fr 190 (EA888 Gen3.b engine) before it gets remapped.

I've noticed there is an APR air intake system for a Polo GTI which will fit (designed to work with the intake pipes with the MAF sensor on top). Appears to be the same engine as the 190 FR.

That system has a 5" filter, however I have found one which has a 7" filter which according to one website will work but requires the 76mm Mass Sensor Adapter.

Can you anyone confirm this? (Images of both products attached)

Thank you

Attachments

• s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 19
  • APR Intake.jpg
    APR Intake.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 19

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Hi,

currently looking to upgrade the air intake on my 2019 seat leon fr 190 (EA888 Gen3.b engine) before it gets remapped.

I've noticed there is an APR air intake system for a Polo GTI which will fit (designed to work with the intake pipes with the MAF sensor on top). Appears to be the same engine as the 190 FR.

That system has a 5" filter, however I have found one which has a 7" filter which according to one website will work but requires the 76mm Mass Sensor Adapter.

Can you anyone confirm this? (Images of both products attached)

Thank you
The 190 shares the same air filter as the 300! It won't be a restriction, so won't be any benefit for power.

Reactions: Yoshi

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
As above - pointless unless you want the noise

Racingline do a 190 specific version of the R600 intake if you desperately want one - part number
VWR12G7R602

Yoshi

Mar 8, 2023
Cheers guys.

Just wanted that little extra feedback (Noise) for those weekend drives (use it for business during the week also).

Did mention in the other thread there's a highly recommended company locally who offer the stage 1 remap for £280 + DSG map for an extra £280 then rolling road is £100 on top.

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK
Maybe start with res delete? I've got the same car and that's the route I'm going to take.
Currently I've got a pipercross panel filter with the snowguard removed and its made it hiss a little more, been checking monthly for dirt and its been clean.
I'm hoping the res delete may help with dsg fart a little as thats all i really want like my old mk6 gti but that may be wishful thinking lol.

Yoshi

Mar 8, 2023
I’ll just leave this here… I’ve got a Ramair turbo elbow at the back too, but can’t see that in the pic.
View attachment 41137

Sweet, won't fit mine unfortunately with mine being the EA888 Gen3.B (MAF sensor fitting issues).

I did look at the Cupra but using it for business I wanted the slightly higher MPG. I do around 7k miles a year but when I got the car the business was fairly new and thought if I end up doing 12-15k miles I don't really want 25mpg, lol.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I end up averaging high 20s to mid 30s around town and short journeys, with a mix of comfort mode and Cupra mode with a heavy foot, and high 30s low 40s on a run.

As Mo said, a res delete is a good mod. It definitely made DSG farts louder. And cold starts louder too. If you have an option to change the driving mode, which in turn makes the gearbox hold gears more and rev higher, that will change the tone of the exhaust too, which you notice more with a res delete.

Yoshi

Mar 8, 2023
I end up averaging high 20s to mid 30s around town and short journeys, with a mix of comfort mode and Cupra mode with a heavy foot, and high 30s low 40s on a run.

As Mo said, a res delete is a good mod. It definitely made DSG farts louder. And cold starts louder too. If you have an option to change the driving mode, which in turn makes the gearbox hold gears more and rev higher, that will change the tone of the exhaust too, which you notice more with a res delete.
Thank you. Will give it another 12 months before I touch the exhaust as it does have another years warranty.

Will get some reviews from local custom exhaust places around Shropshire and go from there. A few I know like Powerflow but there reviews are 50/50 :/

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Personally I’d not touch powerflow with a barge pole. Not sure where you’re located exactly, but in Staffordshire the guys at
Get great feedback, and I’ve used them once before for replacing exhaust tips and they were great

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Alternatively further afield you have Tony Banks who also gets highly recommended on here a lot! But they’re up in Leeds afaik

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I used Cole’s Autotech in Stafford. They really know their stuff. They made a custom made exhaust to fit exactly to the car.

Yoshi

Mar 8, 2023
Alternatively further afield you have Tony Banks who also gets highly recommended on here a lot! But they’re up in Leeds afaik
I used Cole’s Autotech in Stafford. They really know their stuff. They made a custom made exhaust to fit exactly to the car.

Cheers guys.

Stafford isn't too far. I know sometimes with things like exhausts and maps you can wait around for the day for them can't you?

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Cheers guys.

Stafford isn't too far. I know sometimes with things like exhausts and maps you can wait around for the day for them can't you?
A mobile guy came out to me for my remap, and did it while I was at work, but only took probably less than an hour. The exhaust took longer as they had to measure and make it there n then, so that probably took the best part of a morning. Looking back I should have left n come back…

Yoshi

Mar 8, 2023
A mobile guy came out to me for my remap, and did it while I was at work, but only took probably less than an hour. The exhaust took longer as they had to measure and make it there n then, so that probably took the best part of a morning. Looking back I should have left n come back…
Hear lots of mixed opinions about remaps.

Some say make sure you go to a high end remapper and use the dyno, others say no need. As mine is the DSG it's highly advised to get the DSG mapped at the same time. Some say £300 each is cheap and some say expensive. Awesome quoted me £900 for ECU and DSG map, lol.

Just messaged Road speed developments as it looks like they do exhausts and remapping. It's a bit rural so ide probably have to sit there for most of the day whilst they do it 🤣

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Hear lots of mixed opinions about remaps.

Some say make sure you go to a high end remapper and use the dyno, others say no need. As mine is the DSG it's highly advised to get the DSG mapped at the same time. Some say £300 each is cheap and some say expensive. Awesome quoted me £900 for ECU and DSG map, lol.

Just messaged Road speed developments as it looks like they do exhausts and remapping. It's a bit rural so ide probably have to sit there for most of the day whilst they do it 🤣
Netflix 👍🏼

I didn’t have my DSG remapped. It would make sense for more sporty driving, as you can program it to hold gears in manual mode. At the moment it shifts up when it thinks it’s time to even in manual mode. Not true manual mode. But my shifts were fine, so didn’t think it needed a tune.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.