P00A300 - Charge Air Cooler Temperature Sensor Circuit High Bank 2

Mar 6, 2024
Hi,

I bought my Seat Leon about 18 months ago, and within a few weeks the little coil light on the dash started flashing, folllowed by the Check Engine light. The car was in some kind of 'limp mode' and performance was lower. An error was then displayed on start up with the 'Start/Stop System' too.

I read the fault with my OBDEleven which showed 'P00A300 - Charge Air Cooler Temperature Sensor Circuit High Bank 2'

I took the car to the garage I bought it from who told me they replaced the 'Fuel Temperature Sensor' and the 'Air Charge Temp Sensor', and everything has been fine since.

Low and behold about a year later, the lights came back on along with the 'Start/Stop system' error on startup - strangely the car doesn't seem to be in 'limp mode' and seems to be driving normally.

Perhaps the sensors replaced were a bit dodgy, or this is a common fault (I couldn't find much Googling, or searching this forum however so perhaps not). Does anyone have any tips for which sensor I might need to replace if I do this myself (if poss), or if this might be some kind of wiring fault?

Many thanks,
Jim