Cupra Warranties - 2 Years or 3 Years??

the_lorne_ranger

Nov 20, 2023
Aberdeen, Scotland
Wondering if someone else can clarify?

When I bought my 21 plate Formentor VZ2 310 in Nov 2023, I was under the impression that the warranty was a standard 3 years, so a sept 21 registered car warranty would expire Sep 2024.

However, looking on Cupra website, they are stating new car warranties are only 2 years. Car went to Cupra in Dec 23 for Service (under Cupra Care Service Plan) and had a braking / steering issue checked under warranty, and they sorted it without any charges. Going to Cupra again on 25th March to get parking sensor, park assist and manouvre braking assist issues checked under warranty, but at no point have the Cupra garage told me the warranty has expired.

Pretty sure it's 3 years, just wondered if some longer term owners could clarify?

Website has this
1709641559510.png

Then extension options below that
1709641601080.png

Than another part of the Cupra website has this
1709641669992.png

Last edited:

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Depends on the country, here in Greece is 4 years, (factory 2 + local dealer 2, n same terms), max 80000 km, whichever comes first.
in Australia it is 5 years, unlimited mileage, thats a good one!
In Germany, UK and other countries there is a standard 2 year factory warranty that can be extended for up to 3 more years at cost, but I guess dealers will offer additional coverage as a gimmie.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I would read (and hope) that the UK warranty is effectively three years up to 60K miles, but you can do 100K (or unlimited) in up to 2 years under warranty but you don’t get a third year as you’re then over 60K Miles.

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
hi i was asking the same question as it is confusing
on cupra site for UK states
Each new CUPRA comes with a comprehensive warranty comprising of a two-year unlimited mileage followed by a third year of warranty until your car reaches 60,000 miles.
but there is nothing on any of the parper work i have that states this

T&C's

CUPRA UK warrants that it will rectify, free of charge, defects in materials and workmanship for a period of up to 3 years or 60,000 miles whichever occurs first. This warranty applies to CUPRA vehicles which were imported into the UK by CUPRA UK. This warranty is subject to the following terms and conditions. What Your Warranty Covers The 3 year CUPRA warranty begins on first registration and lasts for a minimum of 2 years, with the warranty continuing for a third year or up to 60,000 miles, whichever comes sooner. Due to this mileage limit this warranty will only be valid for so long as the vehicle is not installed with any aftermarket device that can manipulate, edit, or change the vehicles displayed mileage figures (whether such device has in fact been used to manipulate, edit or change the vehicle’s mileage figures). Should any such device be fitted with the vehicle the CUPRA UK warranty will be invalidated and no warranty claim will be covered by the terms of this warranty. The warranty is automatically transferred to any new owner, subject to the same terms and conditions. CUPRA warrants that your vehicle will be free from defects in manufacture and workmanship. Your warranty covers:  The repair or replacement* of defective parts according to technical requirements determined by the Manufacturer.  The repair of any consequential damage to standard components caused by a manufacturing defect.  The labour costs of removing and installing parts for warranty repairs at any CUPRA Retailer. You may be charged, at the CUPRA Retailer's discretion, for any extra work caused by modifications to your vehicle, such as removal and refitting of a tow-bar that has been fitted after manufacture.  Your warranty applies to the base vehicle only. It does not cover any special fittings, conversions or additional bodywork. Any defect must be reported to a CUPRA Retailer as soon as it is discovered. This must of course be within the warranty period. *Components will only be replaced when deemed necessary by a CUPRA Retailer

Tell

Staff member
On warranty it must be to bring them into line with other manufacturers and to act against those MQB Evo issues which tarnished the brand. The new Chinese built Tavascan EV will challenge some people's beliefs, so getting that with a long warranty will dampen that down. Will be interesting to see that car.

Reactions: Syphon

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
' MQB Evo issues which tarnished the brand'?
Cupra sales, especially the Formentor on the MQB Evo platform, are going to surpass SEAT's sales, offering just 2 models under the MQB Evo paltform, Formentor and Leon ( Born being on the MEB platform). Never heard of MQB Evo issues tarnishing the brand, on the contrary everybody praises the Formentor/Leon for their dynamics.
Dont know if I'm missing something, unless you are talking about some early software issues, mainly on infotainment and electronic safety systems warnings .

Tell

Staff member
' MQB Evo issues which tarnished the brand'?
Cupra sales, especially the Formentor on the MQB Evo platform, are going to surpass SEAT's sales, offering just 2 models under the MQB Evo paltform, Formentor and Leon ( Born being on the MEB platform). Never heard of MQB Evo issues tarnishing the brand, on the contrary everybody praises the Formentor/Leon for their dynamics.
Dont know if I'm missing something, unless you are talking about some early software issues, mainly on infotainment and electronic safety systems warnings .
The early issues drove people up the wall. They got rid of those cars pretty quick since they were tired of the issues. Across the whole Vag brand. Seat / Cupra were slow to role out fixes. You still read of brakes being applied at junctions by ACC, mapping issues that cause the car to brake, undertaking, overtaking issue. So it's not totally sorted out yet. The telematics box giving rise to issues with the SOS warning alarm, the press to fix it temporary. That still pops up from time to time. Mib3 went in on all 2020+ cars with it's issues. The touch screen issue to control basic functions. 2025 should see Mib4 with a re design so we wait to see how that is. The Tavascan will be the first look at that on Cupra.

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
The early issues drove people up the wall. They got rid of those cars pretty quick since they were tired of the issues. Across the whole Vag brand. Seat / Cupra were slow to role out fixes. You still read of brakes being applied at junctions by ACC, mapping issues that cause the car to brake, undertaking, overtaking issue. So it's not totally sorted out yet. The telematics box giving rise to issues with the SOS warning alarm, the press to fix it temporary. That still pops up from time to time. Mib3 went in on all 2020+ cars with it's issues. The touch screen issue to control basic functions. 2025 should see Mib4 with a re design so we wait to see how that is. The Tavascan will be the first look at that on Cupra.
Agree on the above but as said, nothing to do with the platform which is excellent. Has to do with sporadically electronic issues and that only on a very few occasions that affected the drivability of the car.
Most of them if not all have been sorted out, as I don't see anymore any such complaints in the forum.
If you check on other brands forums you will see more or less similar issues, the more safety electronic systems on a car the more possible to have some issues, it is expected and almost in all cases it is solved. That's what forums are all about and that's why they are so helpful any way you see it.
When the latest RAV4 came out, talking about Toyota with the highest reliability marks, it was terrible and unsafe in the handling department to the extend that in the moose test would almost roll over. They did some improvements to the ESP settings, got better but still not completely rectified. This is what I call a platform issue, if no matter what electronics are applied , the dynamics/safety handling of the car is still compromised.

the_lorne_ranger

Nov 20, 2023
Aberdeen, Scotland
My Formentor was in a week ago getting a faulty parking sensor getting diagnosed, they confirmed warranty is 3 years, and you can buy Cupra extended warranties beyond that.

They also stated the All-In Plan was coming to Cupra soon, but not available yet.

I used to have the VW All-In Plan for a Mk 7.5 Golf R, 2 Years Warranty, MoTs and Servicing for £34 a month.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Agree on the above but as said, nothing to do with the platform which is excellent. Has to do with sporadically electronic issues and that only on a very few occasions that affected the drivability of the car.
Most of them if not all have been sorted out, as I don't see anymore any such complaints in the forum.
If you check on other brands forums you will see more or less similar issues, the more safety electronic systems on a car the more possible to have some issues, it is expected and almost in all cases it is solved. That's what forums are all about and that's why they are so helpful any way you see it.
When the latest RAV4 came out, talking about Toyota with the highest reliability marks, it was terrible and unsafe in the handling department to the extend that in the moose test would almost roll over. They did some improvements to the ESP settings, got better but still not completely rectified. This is what I call a platform issue, if no matter what electronics are applied , the dynamics/safety handling of the car is still compromised.
The platform brought the new electronics of the new distributed system. The firmware updates went over the air. The other platforms stayed the same except mib3 and the telematic box glued onto them. Some of the moderators abandoned ship but we don't talk about that 🤫. The situation got so bad.

Vag tried to use fast turn round software developments updates with users getting the stuff without it being tested properly. The rest is history. Why some people keep the connect services contract for the updates, whilst others think updates are pushed which aren't required. Dealer will always do them. Not so much about electronics but the firmware system in the distributed system. It was that and the component systems of MQB Evo plus one other that they screwed up. They made the chief exec walk the plank on that.

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
The Cupra dealer will sell you an aftermarket warranty if you want it.
I've had bad experiences with these - getting them to pay out can be difficult, and there are exclusions.
Aftermarket! 🤯

Generally not worth the paper and ink imho

Way too many exclusions, excuses, caveats etc etc and they are not invested in the brand and therefore less interested in customer care and sorting any issues as it's pretty much an insewerants policy with a very long list of things of what isn't covered. 🙈

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise