Daniel M's FR PD170 - Fixed 24.07.2017

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
Heres a video bud to show the sound outside the car.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/dan...DDAE0E35-14FC-49F0-A88A-0AF7BC77743C.mp4.html

If the video works, the hissing sound comes through the cabin but isn't too bad if you play music all the time. Also for the cost of the kit circa £25 it's not an expensive mod if you do not like it.

link doesnt fetch anything up :( i've heard many mixed reviews about it all thats all!

you have to mess about with a boost nipple as ive seen mentioned like this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321796943388?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Fitted the 20mm spacers earlier and moved the 15mm ones to the front.

I think its perfect set up and doesn't stick out too far.

Front before

Front after

Cant tell much difference on the rear due to there only being 5mm difference.

Will get better pictures tomorrow from behind.

Also while I had the rear wheels off I noticed I badly need rear discs & pads and also an O/S rear tyre.

Last edited:

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Gave the Leon a much needed clean and re-sealed my leaking rear light.

After washing

Removed the F1 stickers from the back window.

Before

After

One to show how the wheels are spaced

When taking the rear light off to inspect it for leaks I used a heat gun to dry it out, but it also loosened the glue on the lens. They actually look very nice without the lenses. Debating whether to take them off all the lights for something different.

On the car

And a couple more to finish

Ra FR

Aug 20, 2016
Hi dan

Leon looks fab, done a really good job, looks better than a facelift on this model imo

Was wondering if you have had some pictures of different angles with them new spacers on, was thinking about getting some on mine and I think you've found the right fit

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Hi dan

Leon looks fab, done a really good job, looks better than a facelift on this model imo

Was wondering if you have had some pictures of different angles with them new spacers on, was thinking about getting some on mine and I think you've found the right fit

Thanks mate, appreciate the comments.

I don't have any other pictures at the moment, but can add some.

I thought 20mm would be too much on the rear but they are just right.

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Managed to change the G31/IAT sensor on the Leon today. Was a bit of a ball ache to do due to restricted access all round.

My hose clip pliers arrived this morning so I set about it even though I'm full of cold.

Back on the ramps, undertray off small 90 degree boost pipe off, then the nightmare of trying to take the black plastic pipe off which houses the sensor. Access is very tight and one of the two screws which secure the pipe to the sump so I tried another way.

Long story short I ended up persisting with the restrictions and got all the screws out and just removed the boost pipes as one piece.

Once I'd done this it was pretty straightforward.

Few photos of the work.

This is the pipe which houses the sensor

New and old

This one comes off to take the whole thing off in one and is a pita to get back on by itself which is why I did it the long way lol.

Everything together including the new sensor

Glad I won't have to do this again whilst I own this car lol.

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Nice car and love the litttle mods. Just wondered is that a TRC rear diffuser? Thinking of getting one myself, does it require garage to fit or a DIY job?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Nice car and love the litttle mods. Just wondered is that a TRC rear diffuser? Thinking of getting one myself, does it require garage to fit or a DIY job?

It is a TRC diffuser - If I remember correctly it was mine (it is a while ago!). But you can fit the rear diffuser quite easily yourself. It can take some adjusting to get it to sit right, but I did it myself when I originally fitted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
It is a TRC diffuser - If I remember correctly it was mine (it is a while ago!). But you can fit the rear diffuser quite easily yourself. It can take some adjusting to get it to sit right, but I did it myself when I originally fitted it.

Thanks the quick response.

How does it actually attach then does the numberplate hold it on?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees

Yes mate.

Under the car there are some screws holding the grey diffuser on, remove them and use them to attach the TRC one on (holes on the TRC diffuser should line up fine) and then the number plate screws hold it up to the car. It can be a little fiddly lining it up nicely so it doesn't look like a stuck on part but you'll get there in the end

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough

Yeah it's still your old one Sam ;)

Mines held on with the screws underneath and a fair few sticky pads. Didnt want to screw the plate on.

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
No really significant update.

Rear discs and pads fitted today.

Suffice to say they definitely needed changing lol and haven't been changed for at least 4 years by the looks.

No photos as I honestly couldn't be bothered haha.

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
New brakes are one of those things that always give a nice sense of satisfaction for some reason - barely noticeable in real terms (everyday driving, not track!) but there's something nice about knowing they're all fresh!

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
New brakes are one of those things that always give a nice sense of satisfaction for some reason - barely noticeable in real terms (everyday driving, not track!) but there's something nice about knowing they're all fresh!

Yeah I like the sense of achievement even if its something easy like brakes haha.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to re-check the rears as something is making a noise as if it's loose. Just hope the rain stays away when I finish work.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise