de-badged paint faded!

hardkore

hey

Just removes the seat and the ibiza badges on the back of my car and the paint looks a lighter shade under the lettering :shrug:

what would be the best way to even the colour abit? just washed the car so should i give it some t-cut treatment then wax it? I've got some turtle wax made for red cars. would that help any?

cheers

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
I wouldnt start using T-Cut to be honest, its too hardcore (excuse the pun)

You could try just using a decent wax that will build the colour back up, if you find the right wax for your car which would be trial and error really, then you should be able to restore it

Failing that, get someone to 'Professionally Polish' your car!

hardkore

well ive waxed my car using this red turtle wax before and it looks brilliant. So i might just give it a light rub over with some t-cut first anyway and give it a damn good waxing.

hardkore

already gave each badge area about a 10 min rub over and its starting to look abit better but im afraid of taking the paint off. havnt been running hard just abit of pressure. Is the paint hard on the ibizas?

edit: Has anyone here with a red ibiza de badged have the same problem? If so did you manage to get rid of the faded lettering? I only really hear doom and gloom story about red paint :(

Last edited by a moderator:

rozza

i just debadged my seat last nite, well my dad did it, i took it to his house, not seen it yet but he said its fine, ill check back later

P.S mines red too :p

Tony 156

Jul 27, 2006
Thatcham
Paint fade, ha you lot dont know what it means!
My yellow ibiza looks a bit of a mess at the mo. first two owners left it in the sun all its poor life. plastics are different to to paint, wings are different to boot, and where the fron has been respraid (Me vs Hilux, guess the rest) thats totally different to everything.
Mine wint poslish or wax back unfortunatly.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise