Dealership can't code new mechatronic onto my car

Hristiyan Dyankov

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Car is 2019 FR Sport 7 speed DSG 2.0 TSI

Okay guys a little help would be MUCH appreciated here. After 3.5 months of my car being in the dealership they cannot for the life if them to code the new mechatronic onto the car and the code they are struggling is this one P170100. Can someone please for the love all good help me a bit because sounds like those guys are incompetent

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Car is 2019 FR Sport 7 speed DSG 2.0 TSI

Okay guys a little help would be MUCH appreciated here. After 3.5 months of my car being in the dealership they cannot for the life if them to code the new mechatronic onto the car and the code they are struggling is this one P170100. Can someone please for the love all good help me a bit because sounds like those guys are incompetent
There's a technical tip published by VW USA and it looks like the same situation and probably valid for all similar group cars. Check the attached file, showing it to the dealer might help, if they are really that incompetent.

View attachment MC-10150859-9999.pdf

Sent from my 23013PC75G using Tapatalk

Attachments

• MC-10150859-9999 (1).pdf
    90.8 KB · Views: 42

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Also does it matter that my engine is different from the the ones on the file
Don't think so. As long as they used the same transmission control unit hw & sw, it would probably occur with other engine variants too, but I'm guessing of course.

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Also does it matter that my engine is different from the the ones on the file

Also the official service manuals mention performing the basic settings and immobilizer calibration after a new mechatronic unit is installed.

You can see it at the end of section 1.4.1 "Removing and installing mechatronic unit for dual clutch gearbox - J743-, gearbox installed"
on page 47.
This service manual is for 6-speed DSG but the technical tip document says the tip is valid for all gearboxes.
The file is too large to attach here so I uploaded it to my google drive, you can download it from the link below.

Reactions: Hristiyan Dyankov

Hristiyan Dyankov

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Also the official service manuals mention performing the basic settings and immobilizer calibration after a new mechatronic unit is installed.

You can see it at the end of section 1.4.1 "Removing and installing mechatronic unit for dual clutch gearbox - J743-, gearbox installed"
on page 47.
This service manual is for 6-speed DSG but the technical tip document says the tip is valid for all gearboxes.
The file is too large to attach here so I uploaded it to my google drive, you can download it from the link below.

They have looked into it and the TPI you have referenced can only be used (adaptation without keys) if the vehicle has keyless entry and a start button.

As your key needs to be in the ignition barrel and the ignition on before the option for adaptation is even available, this TPI cannot be used

--This is what they said when trying with the document from the states. Mate I'm legit getting annoyed

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
They have looked into it and the TPI you have referenced can only be used (adaptation without keys) if the vehicle has keyless entry and a start button.

As your key needs to be in the ignition barrel and the ignition on before the option for adaptation is even available, this TPI cannot be used

--This is what they said when trying with the document from the states. Mate I'm legit getting annoyed
I don't see any problem with the key having to be in the barrel. The document says you will be asked to adapt the keys and you will just choose no. It means you can skip adapting the keys. This has nothing to do with keyless entry, I believe.

Hristiyan Dyankov

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
I don't see any problem with the key having to be in the barrel. The document says you will be asked to adapt the keys and you will just choose no. It means you can skip adapting the keys. This has nothing to do with keyless entry, I believe.

This is what I got from them. Any idea what it might be.

It's in my drive so you can check the pdf. TIA

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
This is what I got from them. Any idea what it might be.

It's in my drive so you can check the pdf. TIA
Sorry mate, it's about their servicing procedures and it doesn't say much to me. I'm not going to claim to know better than them, but if I was in your position, I would definitely ask advice from some other dealers/services, explaining the situation to them and mentioning that TPI also.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Looking at code P1701 Transmission control unit blocked: my data is showing to check the wiring.

Component diagnosis: E3 - (Semi-)automatic transmission control unit.

E1 - engine control unit
E3 - (Semi-)automatic transmission control unit
1709128234711.png

check the connectivity of pin 2 -
Measure the resistance between pin 2 and B58 (engine control unit). is it less than 1Ω?
Yes - test passed.
No - Repair the wiring. See the diagram below for details on wire colours/codes, connectors, welds, shields and locations (if applicable). E3 - white/violet wire - E1.

check the connectivity of pin 4 -
Measure the resistance between pins 4 and A 90 (E1 Engine control unit). Is it less than 1 Ω?
Yes - test passed.
No - Repair the wiring. See the diagram below for details on wire colours/codes, connectors, welds, shields and locations (if applicable). E3 - blue/brown - 13 connector o4 T14a - black E1

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members