Difference between Leon Stylance 2.0 tdi with sports pack & TDI FR

funky g

Hi,

Need some advice. Thinking of buying either Leon tdi FR or Renault megane 2000cc 2.0 dci 175 renaultsport.

I have a 56 reg Leon Stylance 2.0 tdi fitted with sports pack. The sports pack comprises sports seats, suspension & 17" alloys.

Firstly, can anyone tell me, other than the bhp & cost, what is the difference between my Leon & the Leon tdi FR?

Secondly, does anyone have any experience of the diesel 175 renaultsport megane?
I took a test drive today, which was only 5 minutes max, due to a road accident, but I did like the feel of the drive. Not sure if it was just due to the greater bhp, but it was a much smoother ride. Didn't like the interior as much as the leon - looks a bit cheap.
The car I test drove wasn't the cup version. Would that make a difference?

Haven't had a test drive yet in the FR.

Any advice would be appreciated.:help:

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Main difference between yours and the FR is the extra 30bhp. After that there'll be things like different trim, different bits that Manuel forgot to add, etc. and who knows what else. It's always been a bit of a mystery as to what was put on in the factory.

funky g

Thanks Jon Tdi.

Have read in the forum that some people have had problems with DPF.

funky g

yup mines only done 19500mls an already ive had to self clean it, but im putting sum cash aside bcoz Miltek do a replacement pipe for the DPF's
Thanks burnsy b.

Mmmm.:think:

Was going to arrange a test drive today. How would I know if there was a problem with the DPF? What indications will there be?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
I have converted my 288mm front brakes to 312mm.
The biggest improvement is that they are more progressive.
The 288mm brakes have good initial bite, but they quickly fade away if you want to stop from high speed.

funky g

Thanks jon TDI for the info.
Did not manage to get that test drive yesterday, weather awful up here, hopefully manage it early next week.
Look forward to testing the bigger discs on a high speed stop :drive2:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.