Dip Stick Pipe

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
The pipe that holds the dipstick in place has snapped on my gti valver. Any ideas where i might be able to get a replacement and how much it will be?

Also, is this a hard part to remove & fit?

And finally, is this pipe the same as every other mk2 ibiza or is it specific to the ABF?

Any help would be grand!

stinkypete

Aug 22, 2007
Chesterfield
mine snapped not so long back, yeah it's only a few quid (dealer should be able to get you one, one in chesterfield did for me, no probs). It's fairly straightforward to fit - just pull it off & push the new one on - word of warning though - don't let any little bits of plastic fall down the pipe, just do things nice & careful.

Electro Ted

GTi Ted
Dec 15, 2006
Wokingham, Berks
Couple of quid from any GSF store.

Like Stinkypete said, go careful when taking the old one off so no plastic ends up in there. The plastic sleeve goes inside the metal dipstick pipe so go careful

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
If you put the new piece in boiling water for a couple of minutes it softens the plastic a bit, so it's less likely to snap when you press the new one on.

Adrok

I found one on ebay for a couple of quid.
I think it was listed as a mk3 golf dipstick tube.

Linkian

neva want the ride to end
Sep 11, 2007
Portsmouth
ha ha oh my god. mine snapped and every volkswagen and seat down every scrap yard in hampshire ive been to had snapped 1's but last weekend i found 1 and took that sucker didnt cos me a thing. jus gotta look around mate you might get lucky

Linkian

Sep 11, 2007
Portsmouth
sorry mate i was just only replying to the first post my mistake. i was only telling you bout my funny story

Linkian

Sep 11, 2007
Portsmouth
nah mate use a pair of maul grips give it a lil twisty twist at the same time and as someone said earlier watch out for some stray bits of plastic have a close look because they might be covered in oil

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise