Drive System Error - But car drives fine

Feb 21, 2022
I've got a Leon Hybrid and every so often I get a warning message saying Drive System error, please visit workshop. Stoping and starting the car clears it, but even when the light is on there is no difference to the way the car drives, I first got the light when driving up a steep hill in Eco mode - so put that down to a sensor not liking what it was reading; when it was serviced the dealer said they couldn't find anything.

I've since had it a couple of times when starting to accelerate from standing, car drives fine with it on, even in sports mode it's still got all its power.

The car is in for the fuse recall shortly; is this something I should ask them to check out? Just in case it's the start of something more serious?

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Sounds like the gearbox warnings I got when I had the 280, which too said go to dealer. Restarting the car cleared it and when the dealer checked the car no problem or even a fault code was found. They said it was just a bug that can happen when cars have so many electronics these days. It popped up every now and then for the next 8 years I had the car but was never an issue.