DSG Dashboard display flashing

ERM

Having a problem with a flashing DSG display on the dashboard of my 2006 LEON 2.0 TDI Sport. Earlier posts suggest it can be caused by a fault in the communication between the key and the gearbox selector unit.

I've had a diagnostic check done report states '1 fault found: 00194 - Ignition Key Removal Lock 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent'.

I've contacted my local SEAT dealer and they've basically told me they have no idea what I'm talking about and without a part number - a letter followed by two or three numbers - they can't help.

Can anyone supply the relevant part number or suggest alternative methods to sort the problem.

Should point out that the car drives perfectly and there are no other problems apart from the flashing dashboard display.

Any help or advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

ERM.

Tony Back

Aug 26, 2014
California, U.S.A
Perhaps you can use mini DSG Reader to read and write the new Seat gearbox data. You don't need remove ecu from car, only connect some plug to the DSG ECU and then you can read/write and save dump to bin flie.

You will find some clues on mhhauto.com forum or download some tutorial from obd365.com

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.