EIP Website

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
Does anyone else get horny looking at the EIP website?

I cant help myself, cylinder heads, cams, turbo kits, 2.0 and 2.1 litre stroking kits, forged pistons, cranks, valves, con-rods, valve springs, retainers, software...

If i was rich...id have one hell of a leon. The eip website is pure VAG P-O-R-N!

Just wish they were based in the UK.

CupraJay

Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
Ahhh...awsome, then you can answer my Q's...Whats that greddy Recirc like? any good. Also How do you find the turbo timer? Im well interested in getting the boost control. I hate running full boost all the time..I wish i could turn it down when trundling about.

dj_hektik

LEON 20VT FR
Ahhh...awsome, then you can answer my Q's...Whats that greddy Recirc like? any good. Also How do you find the turbo timer? Im well interested in getting the boost control. I hate running full boost all the time..I wish i could turn it down when trundling about.

The Greddy recirc is excellent, I have no problems so far. Very good improvement over standars, but to be honest I have not tried the Forge valve so I cannot compare. The Greddy is adjustable, though, and looks very tidy on top of the charge pipe. Also it is adjustable. Took me 15 mins to install, EIP preassembeled everything they could.

The Turbo Timer is under Products > Engine Management > Electronics / Boost Controllers

The Manual Boost controller is under Products > Forced Induction Parts > Boost Controllers

I have a Turbosmart Manual Boost Tee, it's not all that. a remap is the best kind of boost controller i think. Revo with SPS3 would be ideal. This is as the boost controller alters the requested boost from the ECU, and the ECU monitors actual boost, so a difference would cause limp mode. An ECU remap alters the requested boost, so actual boost would be similar.

dj_hektik

LEON 20VT FR
sorry i didnt notice you said you want to reduce boost.

I dont think a manual controller can do that, only increase.

Plus even if you reduce boost using an electronic controller, I think the ECU still senses boost is lower than requested. Check on this point before you buy anything.

Last edited:

CupraJay

Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
with a proper boost controller..it works with the cars ECU, so when you alter the boost using the device, it also alters the timming ect so the car still runs properly.

Iv just never seen one fitted to a leon before...very common on jap crap.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
im not a fan of EIP, have read the comments about EIP and their service and the problems Grant at Westec has faced because of the lack of

they advertise alot but seem to be much more of an american based market company probably because yanks will be anything

Last edited:

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales
Austin Healey 3000 is a proper mans car, big bucks as well for a mint one

austin_healey.jpg

And how you cannot like a Merc 300Sl is beyond me

merc300.jpg

Each to their own I suppose, I was brought up with Classic Cars as my old man sells and restores them.

CupraJay

Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
Austin Healey 300GT is a proper mans car, big bucks as well for a mint one

austin_healey.jpg

And how you cannot like a Merc 300Sl is beoynd me

merc300.jpg

Each to their own I suppose, I was brought up with Classic Cars as my old man sells and restores them.

I co-own a company restoring vintage cars mate and currently own 11, plus classic bikes. I do like the merc, but it wouldnt be the car id choose i dont think.

I know its not in the same leauge..but i have a soft spot for renault alpine a110's...

a110.jpg

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales
Cool well my old man's site is www.classiccarriage.biz, site was done by me and web design ain't my bag so no laughing ;)

Where abouts are you based jay?

I am thinking of investing in a cheap classic as a hobby, again no where near the Merc or Healey price range, more of a early MGB Roadster.

CupraJay

Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
Based in south wales mate. Am in the process of closing actually...quite a slow process mind. So i have alot for sale..unfortunatly, i just sold a nice mg midget, and mgb-GT. Only cars i have left in running order i beleive is a rover 90...and soon a 1934 singer sports tourer. :)

Everything else requires assembly...or and restoring.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise