Elliott's Emocion Red CUPRA

elliottcharles

Aug 5, 2012
Hemel Hempstead
Very nice mate :) there ain't any mk5 Cupras around our area... Well I ain't seen any. I got a spoiler from the place you bought yours in St. Albans and they did a good job :). You've gotta go at least stage 1 :p it's got so much more punch lol

Cheers mate :) I've seen a couple, but not you lol! There's a white cupra about in Hemel old town, and another red boc bombing about here too. Where abouts in Watford are you? I'm over there quite a lot and never see a glimpse! Lol :(

Yeah I think ill go for the spoiler when funds allow, how much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? :). I assume they still do this type of spoiler at dealers!

And as for a remap, I'm not sure what other work I'd need to do to the car to make it worthwhile, apart from a new brake kit, it could do with some more stopping power as it is! Lol :p

Last edited:

Lukeyy

Apr 10, 2012
Watford
Cheers mate :) I've seen a couple, but not you lol! There's a white cupra about in Hemel old town, and another red boc bombing about here too. Where abouts in Watford are you? I'm over there quite a lot and never see a glimpse! Lol :(

Yeah I think ill go for the spoiler when funds allow, how much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? :). I assume they still do this type of spoiler at dealers!

And as for a remap, I'm not sure what other work I'd need to do to the car to make it worthwhile, apart from a new brake kit, it could do with some more stopping power as it is! Lol :p

Yeah Watford :) I've seen the k1 with green alloys quite Abit and that's rapid lol. I got my spoiler from seat in St. Albans I'm Dakota red fitting and everything for 300 but if you get it online and go to your local body shop I'm sure it would be Abit cheaper. I only got it from seat because Dakota red is a rare colour.

Yeah I agree with you on the brakes I'm looking at EBC brakes and pads. Mines lowered on springs and I love it :) but my best mod I think is my miltek exhaust. I love it makes the rear end look so much better and lovely noise :p

elliottcharles

Aug 5, 2012
Hemel Hempstead
Yeah Watford :) I've seen the k1 with green alloys quite Abit and that's rapid lol. I got my spoiler from seat in St. Albans I'm Dakota red fitting and everything for 300 but if you get it online and go to your local body shop I'm sure it would be Abit cheaper. I only got it from seat because Dakota red is a rare colour.

Yeah I agree with you on the brakes I'm looking at EBC brakes and pads. Mines lowered on springs and I love it :) but my best mod I think is my miltek exhaust. I love it makes the rear end look so much better and lovely noise :p

Haha you can't drive it much then, I'm over there pretty much every day and never get a glimpse ;)

Ahhh ok that's about what I expected tbh! Ill see if I can find it cheaper, but I'd probably rather go with a dealer.

Haha yes I have spent many a time looking through your RR looking for ideas :p

Lukeyy

Apr 10, 2012
Watford
Haha you can't drive it much then, I'm over there pretty much every day and never get a glimpse ;)

Ahhh ok that's about what I expected tbh! Ill see if I can find it cheaper, but I'd probably rather go with a dealer.

Haha yes I have spent many a time looking through your RR looking for ideas :p

I don't lol :( mostly at weekends because I have a work van I drive in the week. The boc is my toy at the weekend :p yeah I did for a piece of mind. The exhaust was a great investment even though is was like £600 lol. There's a thread in the local meets section from all the people in Hertfordshire to arrange a meet would definitely be up for that to see all the other seats around :)

elliottcharles

Aug 5, 2012
Hemel Hempstead
I don't lol :( mostly at weekends because I have a work van I drive in the week. The boc is my toy at the weekend :p yeah I did for a piece of mind. The exhaust was a great investment even though is was like £600 lol. There's a thread in the local meets section from all the people in Hertfordshire to arrange a meet would definitely be up for that to see all the other seats around :)

Ahhh you see that might be the problem, i'm over there most weekdays haha, i'll have to have a drive around at the weekend to try and spot you ;)

Christ, i'm going to have to do some serious saving to get going haha! :blink:
Spoiler and rims first i think :p

Yeah i've had a read of that, it'd be really interesting to see some of the others cars! Theres a guy whose got a white K1 on here who lives in hemel whose just had his whole interior re-done in red leather, insane that!

elliottcharles

Aug 5, 2012
Hemel Hempstead
So a small update :)

After reading through some other RR I decided the quickest, easiest and cheapest mod I could do to begin with would be......changing the many bulbs!! Haha. So so far I've changed all major headlight/sidelight/mainbeam bulbs for Xenons and I've replaced the interior reading lights and boot light with LEDS, makes so much difference for so little money!!

Here's some quick rubbish pics! :p

udenypyr.jpg

yna9a2ad.jpg

zygypata.jpg

Again not the best pics, but you get the idea! :D

One thing I really do need to do now is the front fogs as they look horrible compared to the rest, but I really want to avoid removing bumpers if I can help it! :(

Oh and things I've got planned are paint the rear diffuser gloss black along with the plastic trim on the front bumper to match the mirrors, fit smoked side repeaters and get the SEAT sport spoiler fitted :).

Oh and upgrade the brakes and paint the wheels if I can ever afford it!! :D

Last edited:

TatoTDI

Nov 18, 2008
You should refurb the wheels in audi titanium the code is L8AU

Will look spotless, nice car man love the color

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
Hi mate, that is one sexy car! :p

Sounds like a good plan for the mods :).

I can get you springs if you want for a good price, Lukeyy and Jay1990 have already got SUPLEX lowering kits fitted to there cupras & bocs and are well chuffed.

If you do go for the remap, I'd recommend going to Jabbasport in Peterborough, they were great with mine.

elliottcharles

Aug 5, 2012
Hemel Hempstead
Hi mate, that is one sexy car! :p

Sounds like a good plan for the mods :).

I can get you springs if you want for a good price, Lukeyy and Jay1990 have already got SUPLEX lowering kits fitted to there cupras & bocs and are well chuffed.

If you do go for the remap, I'd recommend going to Jabbasport in Peterborough, they were great with mine.

Haha cheers buddy, I think so! ;)

lol how much of a good price are we talking? ;) I still can't decide if I want to go down that route!!

And cheers for the recommendation, I've only heard good things from them, so i'll keep them in mind :)

duzza90

C U P R A
Nov 2, 2010
Rotherham
I'll PM you a price mate, probably not 'til I'm back at work on Monday though.

No problem pal, they truly are a great bunch of people down there :)

IMO you shoud go for some gloss white wheels mate, OE ones painted white but with a multispoke look to them, like the Octy VRS.

If I had a speed blue Cupra I would have had them done white :D lol

Last edited:

elliottcharles

Aug 5, 2012
Hemel Hempstead
I'll PM you a price mate, probably not 'til I'm back at work on Monday though.

No problem pal, they truly are a great bunch of people down there :)

IMO you shoud go for some gloss white wheels mate, OE ones painted white but with a multispoke look to them, like the Octy VRS.

If I had a speed blue Cupra I would have had them done white :D lol

Cheers mate, ill look foreword to that, might send you a reminder haha ;).

White wheels, now that's something I've not thought of! It'd be a bold look, I'm not sure I'm daring enough for that haha! :p though skoda wheels whatever they are look soooo much nicer than Seats!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members