Emocion Red FR - help please :-)

mrruss

Apr 13, 2007
Just wondered if someone can give me some basic help for caring for my new Red FR being delivered next week.....

I want to give it a clean and wax or polish as soon as I get it home to give the paintwork a bit of protection before I hit the road........

Can someone please recommend the most realistically priced products (shampoos, sponges, drying cloths, waxes or polishes, applicators etc) that I can get hold of easily (Halfords?), and then which order to apply the waxes / polishes etc to give the car the shine and protection.

Apologies for my lack of knowledge but I used to wash my platinum cupra with a halfords advanced car wash sponge, chamois off, then used halfords polishing cloths to apply autoglym super resin polish, and then sometimes extra gloss protection..........

Some step by step advice for a realistic, not too expensive cleaning process would really be useful. I have seen all sorts of products quoted in different threads but an idiot proof guide would be much appreciated!

Many thanks.......

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
First thing is to tell the dealers not to touch it what so ever, if they do tell them you will invoice them for the cost of a professional detail to fix it. If the car is ready it will be easier to spot the swirls.
Get yourself the following if you haven't already:
2 buckets
1 Schmitt or washmitt
1 Quality shampoo
1 drying towel
Some foam or m/f applicators
Couple of m/f towels
Chemical Guys Jetseal 109

If the dealers have left it alone as requested then it should be OK and possibly avoid the hand polish as this will more likely damage the paint if not done properly. Simple process is wash dry and apply JS 109, buff off reaply second coat, job done. If you want to go further then let me know and can advise on claying and machine polishing.
Check out www.cleanandshiny.co.uk for all the above products and if you get stuck give him a call, John tell him I told you and he will help you out and advise you over the phone. He is good like that as are many other traders.

mrruss

Apr 13, 2007
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. I will give the dealers a call tomorrow and ensure they don't touch the bodywork. I presume you mean ask them not to give it the standard wash and dry they give all the new cars and some polish to make it shine when you pick it up?!

So basically a clean with some decent quality shampoo and then the application of the js109 will do it for now?

Thanks again for the advice!