Engine COver 2.0 TDI 140

h34ds

Jul 6, 2008
DONCASTER
Hi guys,

I have just got a 2.0tdi 140 and there is no egine cover on it :confused: my ibiza fr tdi had one.

DO the leons not come with one?

Can i get an engine cover to fit, there is the fittings for one to go on will an fr or golf gttdi engine cover fit?

Thanks

Craig

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Hi guys,

I have just got a 2.0tdi 140 and there is no egine cover on it :confused: my ibiza fr tdi had one.

DO the leons not come with one?

Can i get an engine cover to fit, there is the fittings for one to go on will an fr or golf gttdi engine cover fit?

Thanks

Craig

What age is your car? Seat stopped putting engine covers on the 2.0 TDI from 2007 onwards (I know because mines doesn't have one!) The only engines that come with the engine covers are the PD170 and the TFSIs.
You can get a 2.0 PD140 from a VW Golf MK5 or an Audi one that will fit but you have to also get the gromits and screws that come with the cover as well for it to fit.
Alex

Fishy

May 16, 2005
My MY56 PD140 never came with one. It was Seat doing some cost dutting. :(

Fish

daz_pd

Apr 15, 2007
N.Ireland
Its funny this post appeared when it did, my missus just bought a Leon 140 TDI, and I told the garage it was missing an engine cover, he rang back to say he had checked and some that year (2006) didnt come with one, and it had caused a bit of an uproar at the time!

h34ds

Jul 6, 2008
DONCASTER
I thoguht that may be the case! Mine is a 58 demo car. Will the fr engine cover fit or is it a different engine? Can you get a seat badge for the engine cover? thanks

Last edited:

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
My 2006 Sport Tdi 140 didn't come with one which I questioned. I was a mug & bought one from Seat just after I got the car as looks unfinished otherwise & cheapens it!!

3yrs down the line looks like the were built cheap anyway & probably shouldn't have bothered with the cover!!

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Might be worth seeing if David at Sere's will do a group buy on them. There seems to be interest in them.

Fish

Leon MK4

Jul 15, 2011
Milton Keynes
Just found this thread - I got my car last week and have been scratching my head wondering what was missing under the bonnet! Mine is a 56 and doesnt have an engine cover. Kinda relieved now though knowing that it most likely came form the factory liek it. Was starting to think that some dodgey mechanic had been playing around under neath it (If hed forgot to put that back on, what else did he forget or not do)

Anyone know how much a cover is form seat? Its a tdi 140 DSG

Thanks

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.