engine fault and emissions light!

Glovepup

Cupra Lova
May 27, 2006
Sevenoaks, Kent
anyone know if it is actually possible after 7-8 months to reject the car?

My brother owed a renault clio 182 cup that developed problems with oil not getting to parts of the engine(if my memory serves me correctly), he rejected it after about 4 months. It did take him getting a legal letter sent to them but they did bugde in the end and got his money back!

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
different dealer is where mine would be going along with a stroppy call to seat customer services! ( 0500 222 222 )

Last edited:

ChrisBurkitt

cars back at the dealers today... so in the courtesy car, again.
fault lights are extremely random at the minute too.... one minute there on, the next they go out. the dealer said they'd been in touch with seats technical dept about it (as there required to if the car has been in more than twice), who told the dealer it is probably the brake light switch . . . which is to be replaced.
This morning when connected up it was giving the same fault as it has been for weeks now, power charge sensor, i think i may try another dealers Tam. its just the further inconvenience of it!

Dit Man

Oh dear.

My FR II has started to show these problems. Happened on Saturday, Preheating System light flashed, went off, came on, all random at different speeds and revs, then emission control system light came on. Serious lack of power with these warnings.

Got a service coming up very soon so I thought of just waiting and holding out but as I've got a Bluefin installed needed to remove that so dealers dont pick it up to get out of any blame, but ... trying to restore the ecu map to original caused an error, my lovely red fr is now immobilised. :censored:

But at least after reading this thread I thought maybe it was a fault caused to the remap but I'm thinking now it isn't

Just hope I don't have to go through all this malarkey!

Edited : Bluefin restored after 4 tries .. phew, just waiting for tow to the garage tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

slickbone

Apr 4, 2010
I had the same problem. Turned on my car after work and the emissions light came on. went home checked in the book and didnt have much info.

Anyway after like 6 starts over the next 3 days, the light mysteriously disappeared!!! no performance loss or overheating issues thank god! must be a sensor issue maybe??