Engine issues

Apr 6, 2022
Hi All, I'm after a little help with my Mk2 2007 Leon TDI. There is an power/acceleration issue that's got progressively worse. I've had mechanics look at it and its been plugged into diagnostic equipment but nothing shows up. The issue is with pulling away when the car is cold, as soon as the engine starts to load up the power just dies and it returns to idle, for the first 10 seconds or so you can pump the accelerator and it wont rev, it takes dropping a gear to get the engine to rev or completely stop, and then it will start to rev again. Its bad on any sort of hill start when cold to, it will start to pull then just die and return to idle. I've had a new turbo fitted about 5000 miles ago so its not that (or hopefully) when its warmed up it pulls like a train with plenty of power and the issue seems to disappear. Do you have any Ideas what could be causing it? The car has been well looked after and just had a big service recently where the glow plugs were all replaced, its currently on 190K but is has been well looked after. Also when its cold it can have a lumpy idle at times when its stationary. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Adam

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
When was the last time the fuel filter was changed?
Cheap and simple to cross of your list, caused running issues and cutting out for my parents car - garage was 'suggesting' it needed new injectors and HP pumps! but was just the fuel filter!

Reactions: Woody_72
Apr 6, 2022
Hello mate, It was changed in a service about 1000 miles ago, The last one was pretty dirty, within a day replacing it started to do it again. Some one said it could be the electronic accelerator as its done high milage and could have worn out. Hoping it isn't the EGR as i don't think that's been done either

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
If you had a new turbo fitted did they properly setup the actuator or just bolt it on and hope for the best?

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Hello mate, It was changed in a service about 1000 miles ago, The last one was pretty dirty, within a day replacing it started to do it again. Some one said it could be the electronic accelerator as its done high milage and could have worn out. Hoping it isn't the EGR as i don't think that's been done either
I don't see how the accelerator pedal could be the cause - if as you say it seems engine temperature dependent?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.