1.8 TFSI Cam adjuster magnet problem? Help!

Nov 22, 2022
Hi all, so Ive been having this problem for a year now, since I bought it. Car is 2009. facelift 1.8 tfsi engine CDAA 118kw, stock.
The car sometimes misfires, doesnt matter if hot or cold, but it takes a while to get it turned but thats only sometimes, usually turns on with no issues. The other problem (that I believe is connected to the first problem), is the awful rattling noise under very low RPMs, mainly when accelerating or moving very slowly in heavy traffic, rattle can also be heard when in Neutral, pressing the gas pedal VERY slightly, the rattle comes from the timing chain part of the engine, and also I can hear the rattle on cold start, but its just a bit different, it sounds like a diesel. VCDS shows P0341 cam position sensor error. Now, I did change the cam position sensor, crank sensor, fuel pressure sensor, and topped it of with changing the timing chain set. Problem is still there. I then unplugged the camshaft adjuster magnet sensor thing, and the rattle was gone. I did order the new part, comes in about 10 days, But i wanna see if anyone else has this same issue? Because i wanna make sure the magnet is indeed the problem.. If anyone needs the video of the rattle let me know I can record it and post it up, but the rattle sounds like tractor noise, like the car is missing oil, but its not, it has enough.. Also, here is the video of the rattle sound after a cold start in idle, and after a few minutes the rattle lowers down: https://youtube.com/shorts/o6Ki4PiJFOY?si=ZFQV14_YV5Z3o95K

If anyone can help, please.. Im losing sleep over this..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.