Engine shake and associated issue

Aug 11, 2019
Further to an earlier post - broke down, went into limp mode, was apparently injector 1 which has now been replaced. The car is running fine now, but the car feels like it's pulsing/shaking when in idle. Looking under the bonnet, it looks like the engine is shaking more than I remember (see video linkhttps://imgur.com/a/C50c4F8 ). The shake of the engine is at the same frequency as the pulsing I'm feeling when idling.

I find it a bit strange that injector 1 failed and now I'm experiencing engine shake - are the related?

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Are you sure the new injector is the same flow rate as the old one?

Could be that the fuel trims are off or need resetting.

Aug 11, 2019
Are you sure the new injector is the same flow rate as the old one?

Could be that the fuel trims are off or need resetting.
Thanks for the reply. Not sure - the AA came out and fitted it. Can the flow rate be adjusted, or does it potentially mean that they've fitted the wrong injector?

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
The injectors usually come with the flow rate as a number so the ECU knows how much fuel to inject. It's not likely to the wrong injector.

Aug 11, 2019
The injectors usually come with the flow rate as a number so the ECU knows how much fuel to inject. It's not likely to the wrong injector.
Thanks. Any other suggestions as to what it might be? The mechanic couldn't clear the injector code fault, but the injector issue is otherwise resolved. The judder only started after the injector was replaced.

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
Injectors should be coded in. If not they can create judder.
I haven't replaced my injector yet so clearing the fault isn't possible. Soon I hope