P0171 engine code

Oct 1, 2022
UK
Hi, i need HELP! I got the engine code P0171 on my 2008 Leon Cupra I can tell the car is over fuelling and I can also feel when I sit in it, the car is shaking a bit on static the idle is on 800, what could be the cause? I would love to sort the problem out myself before taking it to a mechanic thanks. I have changed the spark plugs and looked at the MAF sensor and it’s clean also the car has aftermarket oversize intake

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Air leak somewhere after the MAF would be my guess. Is the intake attached properly? That would be the first thing i'd look at, combined with checking all other pipes under the bonnet. Smoke test may be the best option

Reactions: Mac1998
Oct 1, 2022
UK
Air leak somewhere after the MAF would be my guess. Is the intake attached properly? That would be the first thing i'd look at, combined with checking all other pipes under the bonnet. Smoke test may be the best option
I checked the MAF and it’s clean, I ordered a new O2 sensor the exhaust manifold one will put that in over the weekend because apparently it could be that thanks for your advice tho

Reactions: mty12345

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
I checked the MAF and it’s clean, I ordered a new O2 sensor the exhaust manifold one will put that in over the weekend because apparently it could be that thanks for your advice tho
No worries. It could be O2 but unlikely IMO. Usually you'd get a code for the sensor itself as the car compares the values of the pre and post cat sensors and can usually tell if it's not working properly. Fingers crossed that i'm wrong though. The official Ross-tech fault code page is below.

Reactions: Mac1998
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.