Engine warning light

edrussell

Hi Guys,

I'm new! :) - Just got me a V5 (which is very nice) but on day one of ownership the engine management light came on... Was going to take it back today but overnight it seems to have cleared itself and the light is now off... Think it's driving okay but there may be a little flat spot around 2000 revs in 2nd - doesn't seem to happen all the time - just a little hiccup sometimes...

What should i do / what do you reckon it is?

Cheers,

Ed

Ride4life

I'd take it back just in case, could have been moisture on a sensor. or could be an intermittent problem that is in its early stages. V5's are expensive engines to rebuild if they go wrong my mates golf cost nearly 1500 to repair after he blew it up a week out of warrenty.. better safe than sorry

edrussell

Hmmm... It's not re-occurred... The guy from the garage thinks that it could have just been crud in the injectors (they did run it rather low on fuel - idiots!)... I've run some redox through it and all seems well....

But now i'm worried by the "take it back" comment... Do you think that it probably was the injectors or something else?

Cheers all,

Ed.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.