Fault code 00531

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022
Hi everyone I have scanned my codes with the carista and it has come up with the following code again after I cleared them. Looking around the forum it states carista say its something to do the foot well lighting. I have noticed my foot well light is on all the time when the lights are on at night time but only the drivers side

Any idea on what this could be and how to resolve it.

Also I tried to do the horn noise when locking and unlocking the car I have changed it in the app but nothing has changed it does say on the app I need to change a volumetric setting on the car does anyone know how I do this.

Thanks so much

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Also I tried to do the horn noise when locking and unlocking the car I have changed it in the app but nothing has changed it does say on the app I need to change a volumetric setting on the car does anyone know how I do this.
The 'volumetric setting' just means that installing the app has added an option in the settings menu. I can't remember whereabouts it is, but it will be unticked, and you just need to tick it to enable it.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Hi everyone I have scanned my codes with the carista and it has come up with the following code again after I cleared them. Looking around the forum it states carista say its something to do the foot well lighting. I have noticed my foot well light is on all the time when the lights are on at night time but only the drivers side

Any idea on what this could be and how to resolve it.

Thanks so much
Searching for 00531 fault code I get "Mass Air Flow Sensor Reference Voltage"

I would be checking the connector/wiring to the Air Mass Sensor - located in your top hose from the air filter housing to your engine. Is it connected properly?

Reactions: Leonfrdiesel184

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
I see there are reports that Carista can miss report the number 0531 as 00531.

00531 =Mass Air Flow Sensor Reference Voltage
0531 =Convenience System Data Bus in Emergency Mode - maybe someone has fitted LED bulbs for the footwell lighting?

Reactions: Leonfrdiesel184
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise