FIA declares double diffusers legal

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
C'mon!!!

Glad to see it TBH. We need a few of the other teams to pull their fingers out and get their own diffuser designed and built (I believe the bigger teams have already done the R+D stage TBH - now the fitting etc)

We should see some good racing!!!! As long as the results stay as they are at the chequered flag I'll be happy. (I wont go into that again tho)

Thanks ZBoyd

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Yay!

It had to be really otherwise it was yet another self destruct button for the sport. (no pun intended)

Ferrari International Assistence - failed.

Excellent news.

Lewis' turn next for the headmaster.

andycupra

status subject to change
will be interesting to see how the other teams adapt.
Its not simply a case of chaging the design overnight, - even when they can redesign the rear end fairly quickly, this may mean the whole cars balance is out.. (front to rear etc)

Ferrari and red bull appear to have the most work to do due to the designs of the current car, but on balance are also well financed and resourced to do so.

Im surprised at the outcome, i was expecting a compromise where the cars are legel to date, or up to a future date only. Say 2 more races or the like.

But its certainly good for the racing, however i wonder just how fast the brawn car is, a get the impression that button has been taking it fairly easy no matter how hard he says its been as when he needs to put a quick lap in its very quick!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
now would that decision been different if it was 'just' Brawn GP on it's own i wonder

here's to hopefully a good year

andycupra

status subject to change
whats interesting to me is that its not just a case of double height diffuser, but also 'holes' in the underfloor to allow extra air to the double decker diffuser. Im surprised this was not banned.

however its good to see as i like the engineering / inovating side of F1 and so much inovation is banned already that the cars are becoming more and more the same!

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
They also believed the design is negating the main aim of this season's new rule changes, which is to make overtaking easier.
this is true,the ones with the diffuser will be overtaking those without. :rolleyes:

How will the FIA work this in ferrari's favour?:shrug:

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
great result for F1 in general...

It's a shame that some of the teams started moaning - it would of been better for the sport if they had took the approach of 'clever, now lets do the same thing'. I bet Ferrari, Mclaren and Renault all have them fitted for the first round in Europe with the rest by the 2nd round.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.