Finally returning to the VAG fold...

Fen

Gotta check my tracking..
Oct 21, 2002
Wellington, NZ
Visit site
About 4 years after selling my Beezer I have finally decided to return to VAG after considering various BMW options.

A little excited I will tomorrow be collecting my very own "beast":

ypder5.jpg

Obviously it's a bit sluggish standard so it's booked to be chipped and possibly have a Milltek in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Fen

Oct 21, 2002
Wellington, NZ
Visit site
Cheers folks I'm pretty excited. It certainly feels faster than an M3 (possibly not in corners) but a mate took me out in a Merc CLS AMG last night and that was fast, I think I'll need a chip to keep up with it; the Merc is lighter as well as more powerful though in anything but a straight line in bone dry it can't put its power down.

I already bumped into Shaggy on RS246.com and I expect I'll be meeting him in a couple of weeks at, erm, a meet.

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
very nice fen, why the rs6 and not the 4? purely load capacity?

was it the c32 amg or the big beast of as thing?

Fen

Oct 21, 2002
Wellington, NZ
Visit site
To be honest I never considered the RS4 because the beast was within budget, so why buy the one that doesn't do the really big numbers?

I guess subconsciously load space was part of it because I definitely bought a 530d as the 330d was too small and the A6 is the 5 series equivalent. Also I like auto so I didn't really want 3 pedals, though I guess the RS4 might come with tiptronic. I like turbos also so the 4.2 RS4 being NA isn't so attractive and the 2.7 biturbo one isn't as big as a 4.2 biturbo.

The merc was a CLS - the big 4-door coupe that looks like a cockroach from the rear 3/4 view. 5.5 litre supercharged V8 making 476bhp or something.

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
Oh yes, now thats what i call a car!Does anybody map those things? They must make mental figures being a 4.2 v8 with TWO turbos!!!!:blink:

Fen

Oct 21, 2002
Wellington, NZ
Visit site
West Tuning are doing mine, but Revo, DMS, AmD, QST etc. all do them. Basic map starts at 500-520BHP then an exhaust and cats gets closer to 550.

Fen

Oct 21, 2002
Wellington, NZ
Visit site
NICE ONE MATE - LOVE IT
When is the first trackday?

Hmm - having seen the vid on You Tube of one delaminating a Pirelli (like mine has on it), having invoices for disks and pads totalling over £1,000 for parts only (at trade prices) and knowing I can't afford to bend it the answer may be "never". Then again I have a card with 4 laps of the 'Ring for this year in my study...

Triple D

sweet looking motor matey :D what turbos do they have on as standard? is it the K04's? like the old RS4 one?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members