FinerDetails of 16th June

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
This was booked from Steve. Its 04an reg Cupra TDi , he's done a few mods, and has a big interest in the car show world. Steve had bought a PC with the view to de-swirling it himself, but didn't like the feel and decided to sell up, and get someone else to do the job for him.

Here's Steve pride and joy on arrival:

ee7bdfb3.jpg

ee7bdf64.jpg

ee7bd6be.jpg

ee7bd6a8.jpg

After washing using the two bucket method I calyed the car using DP clay and the foam gum attachment to apply lub. Washed and dried the car and then Steve and I toured the Leon to inspect the severety of the swirling....:eek:

I didn't actually take any pics, it was the usual story, medium swirls with some minor scratches to boot... Overall the paintwork as in fairly good condition for its age, and a credit to Steve for his show car interest.

I started off by testing a small area using a polishing pad (all 4 inch pads used today) and some Pinnacle SR. As expected no effect, so stepped pad up to light cut. No effect, so stepped SR upto Advanced SR. No effect :mad: So now stepped 4 inch pad up to Medium cut and used the Pinnacle Advanced SR again :doublesho Just! and I mean just!

So what proceeded was the following technique for the whole car:
Pass 1 and 2: speed 2
Pass 3 and 4: speed 4
Passes 5-8: speed 6.

I then followed this up using the light cut pad and the Pinnacle SR by:
Pass 1: speed 2
Pass 2: speed 4
Pass 3-6: Speed 6

Next was Pinnacle XML Ultra fine SR and polishing pad:
Pass 1: Speed 3
Pass 2 and 3: speed 5

Now fully de-swriled and looking quite shiny I moved to Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish and a new polishing pad. 2 passes at speed 3.

Sealed with Wolfgang sealant using the Finishing pad, speed 3 one pass. Left to cure for 30 mins and wiped off.

Lastly it was time to top with the Pinnacle Souveran wipe on wipe off.

Glass treated with Simoniz Glass polish, alloys with Megs NXT metal polish, tyres with Megs Hi Endurance Gloss.

Detailer: Lots of diet coke! lol:D and a damn good shower after over 8 hours detailing...

the afters:
ee7be213.jpg

ee7be212.jpg

ee7be154.jpg

ee7be0f8.jpg

and the showing off shots:

ee7bd6c5.jpg

ee7be214.jpg

ee7bdfeb.jpg

ee7bdfee.jpg

and lastly, Steve's fav!!! Where does the roof stop and the wall begin???!!!

ee7bdf3c.jpg

thanks again to Steve for his trip to me!

regards

Iain

wrc

May 1, 2005
TAMWORTH
i would just like to say, that spending all day with Iain wacthing how it's done & helping out where needed, the 2 hr trip up to FINERDETAILS, was well worth it. Thanks Iain for the excellent job.
i had learnt a hell of a lot, from Iain.
must say that the pinnacle polish is really good stuff, think it knocks the blackfires off the spot.
i am really pleased with the results of my car, was that pleased, that i didn't go above 60 mph on the way home, as i didn't want to dirty the car, also noticed, while driving on the m6 home, just how many people was looking at the car for its shine.
pictures of the car are good, but you have too see the car in real life to get the great effect.
really recommend Iain.;)

thanks again m8, brillant job.:)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise