First Drive on Autoexpress

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
knocking it back against a fiesta that they haven't even driven yet.they just expect the fiesta to be better :shrug:

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
what else can you expect from a shitty journalist, hardly any of them know the smallest thing about how a real car works in the real world.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
looking at the engine bay shot.its going to be an easy DIY service
if that is the oil and fuel filters up top .

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
lmao.i hear the fiesta has, a bevvie of beauties that clean it for you every morning in cut of jeans and vests,and they get all soapy and stuff like,and stuff.

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
I also heard these girls have lots of body hair and are as pale as a candy white ibiza. The sexy spanish senoritas that come with the candy white ibiza however look nicely tanned without any butch body hair.

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
complete waste of time reading that then, what kind of objective journalism is that!?

EenyMac

Feb 4, 2003
Hemel Hempstead
Visit site
complete waste of time reading that then, what kind of objective journalism is that!?

I always tend to ignore a lot of what the journalists say anyway and take more notice of what the owners think of the cars. Then there's a simple test drive to see how a car handles.
Motoring journalists are always getting freebies from the big manufacturers and so, knowing which side their bread is buttered, will almost always give a Ford or a BMW a sparkling review - even if it's a big pile of pants. :D

You've then got the slack-jawed Tv motoring "journalists" whose benchmarks are 350bhp or more, 0 - 60 in under 4 seconds, top speed in excess of 180mph and costs above £50K (at a minimum). Let's face it, it's hardly real world motoring :whistle:

Whilst I admit, the new Fiesta does look fairly good, you just know the roads are gonna be crammed with them. That's why I prefer to drive something a bit different than the mass market boxes on wheels. It may indeed handle a bit better than the new Ibiza (yet to be proven) but that's often a personal preference and driving style issue. I'll reserve judgment until I have test driven a new Beezer myself.

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
The pictures in AE did it no favours and the back looked a bit of a dogs dinner (imo). Really disappointed in fact from what i've seen so far :(

Good news however that the Balero will be based on the previous gen A4 and have salooon and estate... excellllllent

bobmcgod

Jan 22, 2007
Same interior i keep reading. And priced the same as the supurb too!. A4 for 13k then yeah? :D

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I laughed at this bit in the AE review: 'One of SEAT’s main aims is to beat rivals on quality. Boss Eric Schmitt is keen to apply the lessons he learned while in charge at Audi, and engineers benchmarked the Ibiza against the A3.'

Considering the MK4 came 83rd out of 100 in the latest JD Power Survey, I think they've got a bit of a: job on their hands there. Let's hope they are up the task.

iain1970

I ♥ TDI
Apr 19, 2005
The Wrong side of the Pennines
Summarising tomorrows Fleet News review, there were no diesels or DSGs at the test, just the same wheezy 1.2, 1.4 and 1.6 units solidering on coupled to 5-speed boxes with 10% improvements in economy & emissions.
improved quality evident throughout the car, particularly inside.
There is a forecast 9% reduction in servicing costs (I wonder if they'll still charge £13 to adjust the handbrake at three year service).
Usual options, including a dock for popular Spaz-Nav units from Argos or Halfords.
Choppy suspension continues, but the 50kg reduction over the Mk4 gives sharper control and control. It felt safe and solid on some wet Spanish island near Ibiza.
Bigger inside at the rear as we'd hope.
Prices from £8995 probably.

The 3-door SportCoupé will be sold as a seperate product when it arrives in November a-la Astra according to SEAT head of fleet & business Andy Webb.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Auto Express have never been that kind to VAG cars. If I'd have gone on their review of the S3 I'd have wanted to use it as a latrine rather than buy it to drive it.

As much as it is annoying for the dealers, I won't now buy a car until I've tried literally everything in the sector I'm looking at. Fook what the hospitality pandered journos say, if 'I' like it then a car is good enough for me.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.