First Edition Pros/Cons

Jan 23, 2019
Hi,
I am considering picking up an approved 1.5 eTSI First Edition. I've read on here there were a couple of issues where the infotainment can't be updated beyond a certain point? Are there any other fun "features" that the first editions have that make them better/worse than the equivalent standard FR Sport?

I've seen these mentioned in other threads:
- DCC
- Reversing Camera
- Safety driving pack XL

Thanks

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
The eTSI First Edition only came with Driving and Safety Pack (L). No Travel Assist, Semi-autonomous vehicle control in an emergency and Heated Steering Wheel.

The FR Sport does come with heated seats and steering wheel, but as you said no DCC or reversing camera. Driving and Safety Pack (L) can be specified for £625 on FR Sport

I have read on German SEAT forums that VW golfs stuck on 16xx are getting a update to 1810 (latest), but no mention of SEAT so don't hold your breath.

Personally I think it's a great car to drive, handles really well and the DCC is fun to experiment with not having it before. I got use to the software rather quickly but it is definitely not a strong-point of the car, Even with my technician saying the First Editions were a pain in his neck after mine having countless nights in the garage for software updates.

JonnyG

Mar 18, 2019
Do all Leon FR 1.5eTSI First Editions come with DCC - Dynamic Chassis Control ? and if so is it like the Golf Mk 8 with about 15 settings ?

This is a quite a biggy for me and it's hard to tell from adverts (used cars) as many don't mention DCC in the text / features / spec details.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
All UK spec hatchback first editions came with DCC.

That have Sport, Comfort, Eco, Normal and Individual Driving Modes

In Individual there's a slider for DCC with several notches

Reactions: JonnyG