Fitting a subwoofer and amplifier

Monks Seat

Mar 23, 2009
Birmingham
Hi all,
I want to fit my sub and amplifer from my last car, it to my ibiza. The only thing is i cant find any were to get the power lead through the bulk head, is there any where? its really bugging me cus i cant find any were!!! I only need it inside the car and il sort the rest out.
If any one has fitted one, could really do with some help.
cheers

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
open your Bonnet and look at the right strut there will be a gromet there pop the first one out then there will be another one that goes in behind the glove box

george130

Mar 6, 2008
Norfolk
Look behind the felt lining on the left hand side, you can ground to the same bolt the rear lights use and feed the wire behind the felt!

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
^ Excatly how I did mine, the power cable is pretty fiddly but managable.

DSC00113.jpg

For the earth, take off the rear parcel shelf holding bit on the left of the car. This is held in by three screws (one behind the seat, one along the side and one is hidden behind the panelling around the boot). Give the plastic a yank and it should come out, pull back the carpet and take a pick for earthing points.

Last edited:

Monks Seat

Mar 23, 2009
Birmingham
alrite m8
u av to open the passenger door and take the pannel of the side of the dash, now put ur hand in and feel right to the back of the dash, u should b able to feel that insulation, give it a bit of a pull and it should give u a bit of space to feed ur power cable through.

Monks Seat

Mar 23, 2009
Birmingham
naaaa dont do that, u wana try and get one of them long spring things with a little grabber on the enf and u can force it though then u can grab the power cable and pull it back through the hole, were abouts u live any were near birmingham?

Last edited:

Monks Seat

Mar 23, 2009
Birmingham
ooooo, lol, i jst thought if u lived near us i cud gid u a hand, owell.
i used the spring thing to do mine, i jst went through the space at the end of that plastic trim and kept pushing to get it through, o and tru 2 get the spring thing to go through the inside hole and when it hits the insulation try and get it to go to the right and downwards (towards the passenger door, not inwards towards the drivers side) this it where the cable will go around the insulation and u should b able 2 grab it then.

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
Sorry to bother you again...

Fitted the sub today but i've hit a problem... a big one at that :(

I found the earth point on the drivers side behind the carpet which I think is for the back lights but me being an idiot tried to undo the nut to add my subs earth and the nut has snapped off the cars body.

Now I believe it has been spot welded on but now what can I do??

Monks Seat

Mar 23, 2009
Birmingham
how did u get the power cable through in the end? il av a look on my car to try and find the place ur on about, or if u put sum pic's up? i earthed mine to a plate in the spare wheel well.

Monks Seat

Mar 23, 2009
Birmingham
im lost on this 1 old pal, if its only a retaining screw for the light the i dout this is causing the problems, av u checked ur fuses??

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.