Forge 007p + CAI

gazbrum

Feb 27, 2009
Birmingham, UK
i want to find a good dump valve but i want that woosh sound , always wanted it lol. Was wondering if a 007p and CAI will actualy give that woosh sound, as i know the 007 is only a diverter valve, my car has been remapped aswell will it help?

jamiebennett81

i want to find a good dump valve but i want that woosh sound , always wanted it lol. Was wondering if a 007p and CAI will actualy give that woosh sound, as i know the 007 is only a diverter valve, my car has been remapped aswell will it help?

prepared to get digged mate, as you mentioned the word "woosh":rolleyes:

a good sounding CAI and almost atmospheric dump valve sound is the Carbonio induction kit, very very "wooshy":lol::cartman:

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
Ive heard you can fit the 007 both ways and if you fit it the other way to standard i.e with the vacuum pointing to the front and not up to the bonnet it is louder am i right or am i dumb lol

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Your right mate it can be fitted either way,
Also try removeing the soundproofing from the bonnet, this will make a big difference.

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
Some say that it makes a higher pitch cherp noise

cherp lol what like a bird ;) i might try it see what its like but just dont want to risk F£*k things up :redface:

Just found this on the forge guide

Although the valve can be fitted
in either orientation, I would
suggest that you fit it, THE
SAME WAY ROUND AS THE
ORIGINAL BOSCH VALVE.
Recent tests have proven this
gives a far quieter operation.

Last edited:

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
was told to turn mine around so the piston is facing the way to dump the air back into the TIP to recirculate, makes a chirp noise now, noticed since i put the cold air feed it has taken away the dumping woosh sound probably because the air is getting forced into the airbox and muffling the sound out now

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
done the swap around mate it sounds better i think :D

Image062.jpg

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Your right mate it can be fitted either way,
Also try removeing the soundproofing from the bonnet, this will make a big difference.

i removed mine bonnet lining tonight, just for giggles, holy smokes, i nearly pooped myself when i went for spin, sounded like a space ship in the cabin, lol.

Must go and search the forums to see if it has any negative affects on the paint work.

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
i removed mine bonnet lining tonight, just for giggles, holy smokes, i nearly pooped myself when i went for spin, sounded like a space ship in the cabin, lol.

Must go and search the forums to see if it has any negative affects on the paint work.

ive done this and people say there is no affect on the paint am i right in saying with the carpet its going to generate more heat than with out it ?

Have a read of this: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=215981

A few people have bought this with 50% recirc and 50% dump to atmosphere. Much louder than the 007p and rarely throws up any problems/fault codes. I am one of the latest to be converted :D

cool mate is it a woosh or like the 007 a forced air ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.