Oct 2, 2021
Hi guys,
I’ve received my new Formentor a few months ago, and within the first 3-4 months a few things in the car have been glitching. There are times when I start my car or while I’m driving where the overhead lights start coming on and off randomly every 5 or so seconds. The breakdown call button (the wrench symbol) somehow gets activated too and starts calling the breakdown recovery number, which I have to immediately cancel each time. This also happens every few seconds. Sometimes the Apple CarPlay will not connect automatically and needs a long while before it does.
Has anyone experienced the same issue on their car or is it just me? I live in a hot country if that gives any explanation (maybe the heat causes the overhead panel to glitch?) but this has happened also at night so I guess it’s maybe not a direct sunlight issue.
Any explanation or feedback would be much appreciated!
Cheers

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
This is probably a faulty SOS module ,seems to be a common fault ,if you can video send it to the dealer

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

WorcestershireSpire

Nov 22, 2023
Hi guys,
I’ve received my new Formentor a few months ago, and within the first 3-4 months a few things in the car have been glitching. There are times when I start my car or while I’m driving where the overhead lights start coming on and off randomly every 5 or so seconds. The breakdown call button (the wrench symbol) somehow gets activated too and starts calling the breakdown recovery number, which I have to immediately cancel each time. This also happens every few seconds. Sometimes the Apple CarPlay will not connect automatically and needs a long while before it does.
Has anyone experienced the same issue on their car or is it just me? I live in a hot country if that gives any explanation (maybe the heat causes the overhead panel to glitch?) but this has happened also at night so I guess it’s maybe not a direct sunlight issue.
Any explanation or feedback would be much appreciated!
Cheers
exactly same as mine, not had the connectivity with car play.

Sounds like faulty overhead module.... i have posted my issue on a similar thread.

My tip is to film it when it happens as apparently the fault is not stored in the ecu log... therefore dealer can see the issue....

Oct 2, 2021
exactly same as mine, not had the connectivity with car play.

Sounds like faulty overhead module.... i have posted my issue on a similar thread.

My tip is to film it when it happens as apparently the fault is not stored in the ecu log... therefore dealer can see the issue....
Understood. Thanks for the reply mate I’ll give it a go and see what the dealer service station says. Cheers

Reactions: WorcestershireSpire
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members