Formentor wing mirrors different size ?

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
Hi Folks,

I hope you all doing well.
Still getting used to the car in a good way :)
Is it me or anyone else also noticed driving side wing mirror is bigger than passenger side ?

If you look from front of the car, definitely there is size / angle difference.

I used to have c200 amg line 2018 and that also had difference.

But previous Audi Q3 both mirrors were same size.

Any particular reason for not being symmetrical?

Thanks.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi Folks,

Is it me or anyone else also noticed driving side wing mirror is bigger than passenger side ?

Thanks.
I remember my SEAT Biza's having the drivers mirror bigger and a different shape from the passenger side back in the 90's. The drivers was longer and not so tall as the passenger side, my dealer said they were all like that, and he showed me other's in the showroom the same. Maybe a Spanish ilk of old.

Reactions: KJA

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
As you grow old you have more wisdom + experience :) .
Anyway the reason I asked it just looks so asymmetrical only if you know what you are looking at.
For normal people they wouldn't even notice.

Reactions: Seastormer
Hi Folks,

Thanks.
Fairly common these days for cars to have a larger mirror on one side

Reactions: Jones2020

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Good to see theres a few of us old boys :p

Remember the faff adjusting wing mirrors? You would get out walk round the open door, adjust it, get back in and see if it was right then get back out and do it all again when it wasn't . The passenger side one was really a long walk around the front of the car. When they moved to door mirrors it was easy just manually wind down the window and stick your hand outside.
These kids of today don't know how easy they've got it. 😀

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Good to see theres a few of us old boys :p

Remember the faff adjusting wing mirrors? You would get out walk round the open door, adjust it, get back in and see if it was right then get back out and do it all again when it wasn't . The passenger side one was really a long walk around the front of the car. When they moved to door mirrors it was easy just manually wind down the window and stick your hand outside.
These kids of today don't know how easy they've got it. 😀
I remember it well. I remember my father getting me to adjust the wing mirrors on his car while he sat in the driver’s seat and gave me a thumbs up when they were in the correct position.

No such issues for me with my first car - a well used 1970 British Leyland Mini that succumbed to the dreaded tin worm during my ownership. The only mirror that car had was the screen mounted rear view mirror. My second car (an HC Vauxhall Viva) had a driver’s door mirror - one that I bought from Halfords and fitted myself. Drilling holes in the door to fit it was a bit scary! 😲

I remember when car manufacturers started fitting door mirrors that some lower spec cars made do with just a driver’s door mirror; a passenger side door mirror was an extra cost option.

Agree, the kids of today are spoiled with all the creature comforts in modern day cars.

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Electric windows - in the front only (if you were lucky).

Central locking - reaching across to unlock the passenger door.

Radio Presets - 6 massive clunky buttons 4 for Medium Wave - 2 for Long Wave

ABS - A Big Speaker (one) often screwed to the dashboard on a bracket.

Reactions: Seastormer

un1eash

Mar 13, 2024
Just checked and indeed our 310 has the same size wing mirrors but the passenger side doesn't fold out as far.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.