FR 184

Dooitdooit

Jun 20, 2013
Hello all, so last year I upgraded my Alhambra to the FR184 dsg 2016.
I wanted something with a ‘sporty’ edge so my kids still thought I was cool :yes:

I love the car, great spec and so far it‘s all good.
I was looking to get it remapped to see if this had a significant change in the 2nd to 3rd power shift and also to get a strut brace fitted at the front.

Has anyone had their Alhambras remapped or have managed to find a strut brace?

Once i have it clean I will post some pictures.

Thank you

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
The 184 diesel doesn't have a huge amount of headroom for tuning before you get into the very expensive world of uprating actual components but around 184 -> 220 hp and 380 -> 480 nm are pretty achievable with a map or rolling road tune.

Mar 5, 2022
Dooitdooit!
I have mine (140 ps-manual) Alhambra remapped to 184 and it is great! I love it!
I want more out of it but as above and below stated.. Not sure if it is worth for me for now.
Fully agree with Woody_72.
Anything above figures mentioned by Woody_72 would potentially include DPF delete.. This is more likely not legal (actually not legal at all) and possibly raise the figure by 10-15 horses.
If you want to get any more than that from your Alhamra, then Woody_72 was again very right saying it will be super costly. Turbo, injectors, intercooler, ports, etc etc and you have over £8,000 bill for parts only! This will potentially get you to abround 250 to over 350 mad horses. Add labour and map to it and you will be better off purchasing 3.0 v6 😇 for the same amount of money and at least 250 "calm" horses under the bonnet as standard.
If you want to remap yours to 220, go ahead it is great fun to get that little extra out of it.
Do yourself a research and giv it to professional rather than anybody. Please consider to spend a bit extra to upgrade breaks. (pads + discs) calipers should be still fine. This is not expensive upgrade and considering you will have your kids there too, will be one of the investment you will not regret. Decent tyres is another thing. Im very very happy with michelin primacy 4. Wet/dry grip is very good and you can get yourself a good deal on them too.
Another one.. Fuel quality. Go for premium rather than anything on the market. In general it is better for engine, more likely better economy and performance.
BP premium or shell wpower are very ok ok.
It all depend how much you wish to spend on it and what is your target. I have changed air filter (cartridge) from standard to K&N but have not noticed any difference.I suposse, the cold air-intake kit would possibly provide a bit better "breathing" but as well not something which would push you to seats that much.
Let us know if you have decided to remap it and how does it go.
Good luck😉

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise