front bumper prices

roccotune

Jun 2, 2008
Hi all,

had a little bump in the mk4 which means a new front bumper on the insurance company.

can anyone tell me the price and part number for both the standard and facelift versions of the front bumper as i have teh opertunity to choose which i want.

thanks

Aimez

If you want a pre faclft FR one I have one in the garage in black lol. other than that try using the search and you will get your answers or even the FAQ mk 4 section as this is asked every few weeks people get tired of answering!

roccotune

Jun 2, 2008
Thank for the info :)

Just need to confirm something, would the cupra bumper be a better bet? would that allow me to use original foglights?

Im still struggling to get a list of part numbers together. If some one could point me in the direction of the things i would need for:-

cupra front bumper

Facelist bumper

The repairing garage are willing to put on my choice of bumper so its to good an opportunity to miss!

Love you guys!

Mr.SeZ

Jan 18, 2007
in my opinion id go 4 the facelift or cupra, but then i do have a cupra. :) i think they look more sporty if thats what ur after. but each 2 their own.

roccotune

Jun 2, 2008
Yeah i think its worth having it doen whilst the work is done.

i think ill head for a face lift and just ask them not to refit the fogs as i will do this my self making my old 'none facelist' fogs fit.

6l6807217k6ru cover 122.44
6l6853665b79y cover 5.00
6l6853666b79y cover 4.51
6l6853667a79y shelf 16.28
6l0807183c guideprofile 3.57
6l0807184c peiece 3.57
6l6853326gru cover 2.53
6l3853515b9b9 strip 6.38
6l3853516b9b9 strip 6.38
6l3853535b9b9 strip 2.26
6l3853536b9b9 strip 2.26

i coppied these part numbers from a picture i found in the faq but the print isnt clear,

Aimez

seat dealer will be able to tell you if the parts are right don't worry, I presume you do not have a diesel as you can't fit a cupra bumper to them cos the intercooler is mounted on the side. I did not buy mine form a dealer so didn't have to get part no.s I bought the fogs from them and they cost me more than the bumper!!

scottyNI

whats the average cost of a full facelift or cupra bumper?

my pre-bumper has a few dents n sum grill missing so id rather jus get rid of the ****er:lol:

Aimez

£218 was what I saw in an old thread by Guinness but that was with discount and I very much doubt it will be painted at that price

Scott in the search bar type cupra bumper price and you will get several threads. But if you get the part n.o for the actual bumper the part dept will easily be able to tell you all the grills that go with it as its on the diagrams its their job!

Have you tried ebay alot of us bough facelift bumper (me included) from spares seller motors in motions painted witha ll grilss (no fgos) for £111 delivered!

scottyNI

Found it on ebay cheers Aimez :)

will be buyin myself one of these on payday....how much does a spray and fittin roughly cost? i really avnt a clue sorry...

roccotune

Jun 2, 2008
Thanks guys,

Good point aiemz i cant get a cupra one as i have a TDI! Face lift it is.

Plan will be to have them fit the face lift bumper and grills and chuck the none face lift fogs in the boot. Ill then try and fit them but if not hit ebay and get some face lift ones.

Deffo worth doing when the paint will be done one way of another and they do look better than the older bumper.

ill ring seat for some part numbers and post back if i can get them.

cheers

roccotune

Jun 2, 2008
the man from seat says the part numbers needed are:

FACE LIFT BUMPER 6L6807217KGRU 129.86
CENTER GRILL 6L0853651D9B9 16.83
TOP HONEY COMB (NS) 6L685367779Y 17.33
TOP HONEY COMB (OS) 6L685367769Y 19.33
LOWER CENTER GRILL 6L6853667A79Y 17.33
FOGLIGHT GRILL (NS) 6L6853665B79Y 4.18
FOGLIGHT GRILL (NS) 6L6853666B79Y 5.32
BUMPER GUIDES 610807183C
610807184C 4.04 EACH
Foglights 5p0941703 and 704 75.13 each

all prices need the VAT adding.

Aimez

Found it on ebay cheers Aimez :)

will be buyin myself one of these on payday....how much does a spray and fittin roughly cost? i really avnt a clue sorry...

What motors in motion, they were only selling faclift ones when I bought form them? IF not who you buying from do they sell rear bumpers I need one to match!
I don't know about spraying if I was you I'd ring up several bodyshops and get quotes if you can't buy one painted.
Fittin, do it yourself I did am I'm a girl! It's really easy there's several guides on here, you prob saw some in the old thread, I even posted up some pics form the workshop manuals on where the screws are.

what are bumper guides don't think I has them?

scottyNI

Aimez,

MotorsInMotion so yeah facelift, tho cant complain for £111!

itll be hard for me to find a metallic blue one so looks like il be payin for the spray, and ill take your word on the fitting...I can see it fallin off on me down the motorway sometime lol :cartman:

Aimez

Yeh you can drill the grill but I wwas still to wary and also you can't buy cupra bumper for £11 painted anywhere so not worth paying the dealers prices IMO for a cupra one the facelift ones looks great.

Don't worry Scotty if it looks damaged when you open all the bubble wrap (they stuck a big sign on mine saying please check before signing as its too later after) its storage marks after I cleaned it it looked great was one tiny chip on it but you can't complain at that price. I just opened it a bit and checked it was the right colour as I asked them when I paid for black and heard nothing, it took me ages to remove all the bubble wrap anyway.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members