Front DCC adapter

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Looking for a front DCC wiring adapter. It’s all corroded and bad. Garage saying they can’t find just the adapter alone, without the whole ABS wiring loom etc. Anyone know any different? Can I get just the adapter alone? Easy swap then.

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Looking for a front DCC wiring adapter. It’s all corroded and bad. Garage saying they can’t find just the adapter alone, without the whole ABS wiring loom etc. Anyone know any different? Can I get just the adapter alone? Easy swap then.
Check this whether it looks like the existing ones.

Sent from my 23013PC75G using Tapatalk

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Check this whether it looks like the existing ones.

Sent from my 23013PC75G using Tapatalk
To be honest, I’m not sure what it looks like. Trying to find pictures of the DCC connector, but struggling.
Cut off the corroded/damaged wiring
Reterminate
Reuse old connector if it's in good condition

Otherwise replace it for the sake of £5
It’s the connector that corroded. Wirings fine.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I think I’ve narrowed it down to be this connector (15 in the below diagram). Does it look like the right one for the DCC? The others are listed as speed sensor and brake pad sensors.
IMG_0662.jpeg
IMG_0663.jpeg
IMG_0664.jpeg

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Actually, now I’m thinking it’s probably 14. This is where it connects to the shock, and this is a video I saw on YouTube.
IMG_0665.jpeg
IMG_0666.jpeg
IMG_0667.jpeg
IMG_0668.jpeg
IMG_0662.jpeg
IMG_0663.jpeg

To be honest, I’m not sure what it looks like. Trying to find pictures of the DCC connector, but struggling.

It’s the connector that corroded. Wirings fine.
The connector is plastic 🧐. It's more likely the seals haven't done a great job and the crimped terminals have corroded. In which case, cut them off and reterminate at a point where there's no damage

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
The connector is plastic 🧐. It's more likely the seals haven't done a great job and the crimped terminals have corroded. In which case, cut them off and reterminate at a point where there's no damage
The mechanics saying it’s the 2 metal connection points in the connector that have corroded, so needs a complete new plug. Can’t find that plug anywhere, without the whole loom coming with it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members