Fuel Additive - Diesel

GS16LRHP

Feb 17, 2014
I don't have any issues with my engine, no excessive smoke even under hard acceleration but a friend recommended Millers Diesel Power Ecomax and said that this will help clean injectors. Is this a load of hype or do these additives really work?
I usually fill up at non supermarket fuel stations anyway (Shell, BP), but would an additive be a waste with non supermarket fuels?

TIA

aaronb84

Feb 25, 2013
Brighton
Don't think they are the sort of thing you will tell a difference with if that is what you were hoping for. Not to say that I wouldn't use it, I am sure there will be unseen benefit. I used to use a dose every 4 fill ups with my old Megane GT diesel. Not sure you will get a concrete answer here as at the time I was using it I researched loads and only ever found arguments about why they are and aren't worth the money.

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
I have used Millers in all 3 of my TDI Leons and have noticed an increase in MPG along with smoother running, but obviously these are only my observations so nothing is proven.

Loftus

Feb 11, 2015
I am currently trying diesel rhino, people have said it reduces engine noise and improves mpg.

I havent noticed any less noise (although to be fair I dont actually think the cr diesel is noisy) but I am getting better mpg.

I have tested it by keeping my driving style the same and the same journey daily and its around 5 mpg better.

But to be fair I wont bother with it permenantly as it cost £25 to treat 500 litres. So its not exactly cheap imo. I would just stick to getting fuel from reputable places.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members